• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Flametree

International 12th Man
Just got around to watching the Wellington second innings wickets...

Ryder.... not sure whether to just laugh, or feel vaguely insulted by it.

Lovely yorker from Fuller to clean up one of the tail-enders.

Mike5181

International Captain
Not far away from giving up on Ryder tbh. He'll probably be 29 by the time he returns. With his past injury problems, he's probably only got four years left, and I doubt he'll be a regular starter during that time period either.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Not far away from giving up on Ryder tbh. He'll probably be 29 by the time he returns. With his past injury problems, he's probably only got four years left, and I doubt he'll be a regular starter during that time period either.
It's just really sad that he's got so much talent but can't apply it for NZ. I was travelling through Rotorua over the Christmas break. I was tempted to track down the busy bodies who told him off for drinking after the ODI against SA last year and then told the media about it. They and Craig McMillan have a lot to answer for.

Blain

U19 Captain
Craig Cachopa slipping under the radar a bit this year, I didn't think he was much chop after seeing him play for Wellington, but is getting a great record together. Auckland actually has some young talent..

jcas0167

International Debutant
Craig Cachopa slipping under the radar a bit this year, I didn't think he was much chop after seeing him play for Wellington, but is getting a great record together. Auckland actually has some young talent..
Yeah, I saw him get out cheaply in a T20 last season and thought the same. He's done really well back in Auckland though. Auckland has loads of young talent, a lot of it now in other provinces.

thierry henry

International Coach
Has he had a few injuries or something? Seems strange he's only just started FC at the age of 29 if he was doing those things at a young age, even if he wasn't completely devoted to the sport.
Nope. He played Auckland U-19s and made a big century in one of the games at the national tournament but didn't make the NZ squad for the 2001/02 World Cup, which surprised me at the time as he obviously had a big reputation and had then put runs on the board at the tournament.

He has played club cricket ever since and I regularly see him making big runs.

I'm no talent scout and I can't claim to know a FC standard cricketer when I see one, but the things he has done (like the U-18 season I mentioned) seem pretty extraordinary to me. I can only guess it's off-field stuff and rubbing people the wrong way that has held him back.

Disclaimer: I don't know the guy, have only vaguely followed his career and am no expert. However I have previous as I touted Tarun Nethula (who is also 29) for years after playing him at school- it took him until his mid-20s to play FC cricket but he quickly made the Black Caps :p

jcas0167

International Debutant
Nope. He played Auckland U-19s and made a big century in one of the games at the national tournament but didn't make the NZ squad for the 2001/02 World Cup, which surprised me at the time as he obviously had a big reputation and had then put runs on the board at the tournament.
Hopefully he can cement his place in the Auckland line up now with that hundred. I remember Anaru Kitchen burst onto the scene a few years ago, what's happened to him?

That 2002 WC squad was one of the better ones.

Ross Taylor (captain, Central Districts)
Simon Allen (Wellington)
Michael Bates (Auckland)
Peter Borren (Canterbury)
Neil Broom (Canterbury)
Leighton Burtt (Canterbury)
Brook Hatwell (Northern Districts)
Stephen Murdoch (Wellington)
Rob Nicol (Auckland)
Iain Robertson (Canterbury)
Jesse Ryder (Central Districts)
Ian Sandbrook (Central Districts)
Jordan Sheed (Otago)
Richard Sherlock (Central Districts)

Coach: Mark Greatbatch
Manager: Dayle Hadlee

Players in the original 24-player preliminary squad:

Scott Baldwin (Central Districts)
Geoff Barnett (Central Districts)
James Bullick (Auckland)
Greg Cates (Auckland)
Craig Clare (Central Districts)
Fraser Hawes (Canterbury)
Greg Hay (Central Districts)
Robbie Schaw (Central Districts)
Lance Shaw (Auckland)

Note: Simon Allen, Peter Borren, Neil Broom and Leighton Burtt were not part of the preliminary squad.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
23 Jan Kyle Jarvis ‏@KyleJarv89
@RossLTaylor long day of abuse

Kyle Jarvis ‏@KyleJarv89
4 days of abuse , good win #worthit
Jarvis. :cool: A massive win coming up against Matt Quinn's Auckland this week, then the saddos are lost without him tbf.

Flem274*

123/5
We'll be right. Every Shield season a rookie comes in and dominates for a few games. I'm backing us to harness the power of the rookie to hold us together if our first string attack isn't fit.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No, we're finished for this season FC-wise actually. Wgtn have to look forward to domination of the Ford Trophy now, the perk of "not producing anything" as Howsie would say.

Even Franky looking like he'll play some games, Sam Wells flummoxing Ronchi with some fairly gentle inswingers I noticed. #number7update.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Lockie, eh. Will probably play Quinn. Mathieson to enjoy the bounce, Small probably back as well.

The 13 from which a team will be named for Wednesday’s game is as follows:
Gareth Hopkins (Captain) (Parnell)
Michael Bates (Suburbs New Lynn)
Craig Cachopa (Takapuna)
Colin de Grandhomme (Howick Pakuranga)
Lockie Ferguson (Parnell)
Michael Guptill-Bunce (Cornwall)
Dusan Hakaraia (Grafton United)
Tim McIntosh (Parnell)
Bruce Martin (Parnell)
Chris Martin (Parnell)
Matt Quinn (Cornwall)
Bhupinder Singh (Papatoetoe)
Reece Young (Suburbs New Lynn)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Fuller to cover their losses on days three and four, then he's done for the summer by the sounds.
Yeah that's not happening with Fuller. Wagner will miss first NZ XI game to do it.

Otago Volts: Derek de Boorder (c), Hamish Rutherford, Aaron Redmond, Michael Bracewell, Neil Broom, Sam Wells, Iain Robertson, Mark Craig, Ian Butler, Jacob Duffy, Nic Beard, Blair Soper, Neil Wagner, Darren Broom, Sam Blakely, James McMillan (five to be omitted).