• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

jcas0167

International Debutant
It was a good ball, full in swinger from the left-armer.

But it's the way he is setting himself, to smash everything from ball one, and defense is the last-minute bail-out option. Slightly backing away and then walking into the shot. It's weird I reckon he payed better, stiller and more orthodox in the t20 games that were televised
Which is why he needs to come back to international cricket. He's getting lazy playing domestic cricket, it's too easy for him. I'm hoping he's available for the England T20's.

Blain

U19 Captain
F##k, Rutherford out for 90. He seems to get out in the 90's a bit.. Then back it up with a low score.

I think he looks a like good player, he's no Ingram or anything. Seems to take a bit to get underway, but seems to carry on with starts. International cricket? Not yet. Needs to iron a few things out first. I think he could be a great one day player, but his record is poor there. Hopefully he can get some scores and make the A teams (which he will regardless), and progress to the Blackcaps that way.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looked like a half volley to me and Ryder just couldn't be ****ed covering the line.
Yep just camped on the back foot trying to hit the ball through the boundary hoardings. Nearly got out to the half-volley on the previous delivery.

If he bats the same in Test cricket he'll be complete fodder.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Bowling action slightly unconventional but I love it - reckon his arms are made of elastic. Noticeable drop in pace for the later wickets but there was a lot of zip for the earlier ones.
Bloody hell you're right, his arm is pretty crazy. That must be helping with the amount of swing he is getting. Also the kid was getting tonnes of movement off the pitch - looked bloody green.

Has he got much promise?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Bloody hell you're right, his arm is pretty crazy. That must be helping with the amount of swing he is getting. Also the kid was getting tonnes of movement off the pitch - looked bloody green.

Has he got much promise?
Well based on those highlights definitely. Think that arm elasticity (hyperextension? Dunno if that's the right word or not) helps him put a fair bit of backspin on the ball during release which surely helps with swing and hitting the seam.

Should aim to be the world's best Indian fast bowler and then some time after that he might play for NZ :ph34r: :ph34r:

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
ahh good ol Dusan doing what he does best, single handedly tear an opposition apart. Known him for yonks, as his younger brother and I are close friends and Dusan was, and in alot of ways still is a cricketing phenom. Since his days at the great Kelston Boys High School (same side as Michael Bates, Ronnie Hira), the dude has been earmarked for big things and just never really got the opportunity befitting of his unbelievable talent. Has a club triple century from his younger days and every season continues to pull off unbelievable innings.

Easily one of the most feared bats going around the Auckland Premier Club scene and was our saving grace last season on so many occasions, much like he was for the Aces. I still remember a few club games we had, (played in his side for years until this year when he moved to Grafton Cricket Club) against a Parnell team which had a certain C.Martin opening the bowling, making absolute mince meat of our batting lineup, except Dusan (and Anaru Kitchen) who scored a ton at a run a ball. Same thing when Daryll Tuffey made his club debut for Suburbs New Lynn a few years back, got a 5 fer, Dusan charged him within his first 6 balls and hit managed to hit him for 6 over his head. The guy is the epitome of swagger at the crease, and usually gets himself out once in which is one of the small ****ty complaints, along with his even increasing attitude problems which stem from his frustration at not getting a proper chance at First Class level, which he fully deserves.

Dude has dominated almost every line up he has come across at more than a run a ball for years, as in only just getting the recognition an chance he deserves. Unfortunately for him, with an Auckland Cricket setup run by Paul Strang which prides itself in old fashioned boring personalities and over-coaching, an exceptionally gifted talent like Dusan will more than likely get shunned before he propped up, although his last innings will pick himself.

Another fun fact, is an international rugby player for Croatia, as his mum is of Croatian ethnicity and his dad Maori.