• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Athlai

Not Terrible
So ****ing tight in the end.

Raging at Borgas and Doropolous right now. Jesus christ they were worthless.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You could just hear the guy shouting obscenities from the sidelines. Such gems as "You're still a fat ****, Jesse". Only during Ryder's first over whilst bowling, I think. So, hopefully the guy was ejected.
Lol, rather poor form agreed, but since when have fans been ejected from a ground for a few unpleasant words?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yay, we won! Wasn't expecting it at the start of the season. Notably lacking Hesson :detective

Haha, also see my friend Tom got his 'fiend hard do well' signs on tv.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done to Otago, they've certainly punched above their weight in the last 3-4 years. Seem to have a great team spirit.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol, rather poor form agreed, but since when have fans been ejected from a ground for a few unpleasant words?
When it can be heard on Sky TV thus breaching Broadcasting Standards? Or when it's supposed to be a family game and the guy is blurting out obscenities? Jesse didn't appear bothered in the slightest.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Despite playing quite badly, Wellington weren't far away. 10 more runs and some better fielding and it would've gone right to the wire. Fair play to the Volts. The best team throughout the competition, and it would've been a crime if they'd missed out on a Champion's League place because of losing this. I reckon the CL spot should go to whoever tops the round robin. One-off T20 games are just too random.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Despite playing quite badly, Wellington weren't far away. 10 more runs and some better fielding and it would've gone right to the wire. Fair play to the Volts. The best team throughout the competition, and it would've been a crime if they'd missed out on a Champion's League place because of losing this. I reckon the CL spot should go to whoever tops the round robin. One-off T20 games are just too random.
Indeed but it makes for better TV and hence probably is better for cricket.

Plus Broom covered himself in glory today. He will remember that.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
A Kippax NZ XI for two T20s...

Ryder
Rutherford
Munro
Latham
CdG
Ronchi
Neesham (fifth loose and lusty left-hander in the top seven, ah....Broom would go down a treat with Mike obvs. Ellis took 4/14 vs. Otago I notice.)
Hira
Henry (won't happen but anyway. Would be very harsh on Butler tbf)
Beard
Duffy

Flem274*

123/5
Wellington would have gone okay at the CL had they won today. Ryder, Ronchi, Tamim, Franklin, Gillespie etc are all good players. Just keep the two Aussie shunts away from the team.

Will never win though.:ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
I'm keen to see Duffy, Tugaga and Snugglejuggle in the Ford Trophy. All three look like they've got something about them in the limited overs stuff.

One of those lads to play a few ODIs next season imo.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon the selectors may be tempted to give Duffy a debut in t20's this season. Southee won't be back in time for the t20's, Milne and Gillespie will probably still be injured and the consensus is that Bracewell and Mills aren't suited to the shortest form.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Jacob Duffman ‏@DrDeath32
Sorry about my 4 balls to Borgas. I shouldn't play with my food before I eat it. #likearash
:laugh:

Jacob Duffman ‏@DrDeath32
Game day. Real nervous about the possibility of the Wellington boys wanting to do bro handshakes post game #neverdoneone

Dija ‏@DijaRyder
@DrDeath32 Don't worry the #BoonSquad will teach you the ways
Retweeted by Jacob Duffman

jcas0167

International Debutant
Nah this Otago side has just got plain good limited overs players.
Indeed, it's a very strong line up. And ten Doeschate & Fuller would easily make the NZ side. First time I've seen Fuller, very impressed with his swing & pace.

Wellington should have played Murdoch & Karaitiana ahead of Borgas and Doropoulos.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Borgas seems to me like someone upstairs is to stubborn to back down on the guy they spent money on to bring over.

otagoman

School Boy/Girl Captain
Champions League 11?

From the final team, Brett Lee, Nathan McCullum, Brendan McCullum, Neil Wagner, and Jimmy Neesham would all be available to come into the team. It would be tough to leave out some of the guys who played the final. I would go something like

Broom
Rutherford
Redmond
McCullum
Ten Doeschate
McCullum
Neesham
de Boorder
Fuller
Beard
Lee

That would be pretty tough on Butler, Duffy, Bracewell though, and there would be no place for Wagner.

Flem274*

123/5
Are there any restrictions on how many overseas players they can use?

Wouldn't touch Wagner for the entire tournament. He's a gun for Otago in whites but he's awful in the colours.

Flem274*

123/5
Depends what version of Lee turns up I guess. I have nfi how good he is at 20/20.

McCullum
Rutherford
Redmond
Broom
RTD
Neesham
NcCullum
de Boorder
Fuller/Butler/Lee
Beard
Duffy

It's in India isn't it? Two spinners well worth it imo. Beard is arguably the bowler of the HRV Cup.