• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Great day at the basin, terrific crowd and a comprehensive Wellington win. Couldn't ask for more.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Jeets is back and ready to relieve Houghton or Boam for the final btw. Expect a clutch performance to show the ill-informed porch and banjo backwater sports sections who's boss.

Disgraceful Patel sums up effort
JOHN ALEXANDER
Last updated 13:29 17/01/2013

Jeetan Patel's batting was the biggest disgrace I have seen in my many, many years of watching sport - I'm amazed those covering the Black Caps' disastrous cricket tour of South Africa have not got stuck into his gutless efforts.

He's a so-called international, who young cricketers around New Zealand look up to. Watching him running away from Dale Steyn's deliveries during the test series stunned me. The man is playing for his country for goodness sake. If he was a soldier in World War I he'd have been shot for desertion.

I know Steyn is a fearsome bowler, so too Morne Morkel, and South Africa are a far better team. But test players are supposed to be the cream of the crop and have the courage to stand up to whatever is thrown at them. It's what's required to compete at that level.

Patel is an imposter. If I was coach Mike Hesson or captain Brendon McCullum I would tell him to pack his bags, get on the next plane home and send a real man over, someone with a bit of pride in playing for his country.

The only people in real danger when Patel batted were the umpires at square leg. They could have been trampled on!

Chris Martin is arguably our worst-ever batsman, with Ewen Chatfield and Danny Morrison not far behind, but at least they made every effort to get behind the ball and contribute, Chatfield nearly dying for the cause on one occasion after being hit in the head.

If Patel was a world-class bowler I may have cut him a bit of slack, but he's nothing more than a net bowler, someone who plays the opposing batsmen in.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah don't panic everyone, could be a massive blessing in disguise this tbf. Will swing for Tugaga as well, Rutherford's hitting in particular will be useless. Ronchi gets more than 8.4 balls today. (Y)