• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Blain

U19 Captain
Quinn looks so average. Surely they have better guys in the provincial stuff than a 20yo 125kph medium pacer. And that Grobelaar (?) fella. Auckland to not make the HRV cup final this year is my guess.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Just looking at plunket promise - Ben Wheeler, Pre-Xmas Plunket Wickets - YouTube

Found his action interesting.

How quick is he? Doesn't look as quick as a wagner for example.
He'd be around the mid 130s at the moment but when fit is capable of getting into the 140 or so area Trent Boult inhabits. Watched him destroy Wellington a couple of seasons ago and he had internationals hopping around.

As for Quinn and Grobby, the former is probably being picked ahead of Bartlett because he has a slower ball...there's no better option in the As. And similar story with Grob. Been dominant in club cricket opening the bowling and scoring proper runs at 6, whereas he's now being asked to bowl through the middle and hit at the death - which isn't his strength.

Howsie

International Captain
86 runs in boundaries, that's different. Usually Mr one's and two's but that's batting in the top order.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing