• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Siddons actually had Friday>Tugaga apparently, and Mascarenhas will come back in for someone says this morning's story. Tugaga to finish A tournament. Tamim has one game left, Borgas likely to come back.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Some flexibility from some of the provinces. Wells getting some cricket for Otago A, Boam for Wellington A ( as well as Tugaga and Friday getting a firebirds game). Walsh has left Wellington A to go play for the U19s. Meanwhile, in Auckland, a little boy waits ....

Who is Strang's boss? Does in anyone in Auckland care about the bigger picture and have any sort of long term plans in place? Give ****ing Rob O'Donnel a game of ****ing cricket you short sighted ****s! The Prov A tournament exists exactly for this type of scenario.

P.S. sorry for the patronising "little boy" comment Rob, but im sure you know the add....

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
"[Batsman] Will Young had a compound fracture to his right batting finger and has been taken to hospital. I'd say he's out for the rest of the season," Sinclair said of the former New Zealand under-19 captain who was having a humdinger of a season with a maiden first-class century before Christmas.

Speed merchant Adam Milne had the wobbles, too, favouring an ankle, but the coaching stable was happy to use him as a batsman at No6, where he made two runs
Phlegm and Cribb to possibly get their boi Greg Hay shortly.

Flem274*

123/5
Probably the best bet out of the A team guys available due to his hundred the other day and already having FC success. Must be the only player to ever be dropped with a 40+ FC average. Hopefully he's improved his game and dominates, because we won't have Sinclair, How and Kruger forever so we need some guys to step up.

Absolutely gutted about Young though. He has the technique to be a very good player for CD and he was starting to string some scores together.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hay currently 85*, 10 balls left, can he do it. What was the knock on him back in the day, nothing in front of square?

Flem274*

123/5
Hay currently 85*, 10 balls left, can he do it. What was the knock on him back in the day, nothing in front of square?
Yeah I think that was it. His drives had no power or something.

What's the word on Meiring? He's probably been our second best bat after Hay in this tournament so far. Disappointed Robinson hasn't made a big score yet.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Tom Blundell given up the off spin?

264 is a fair effort against this Wellington team, will be an even better effort to keep them under it.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I think that was it. His drives had no power or something
Basically his go-to scoring zone was between point and third man, which is fine on slow NZ pitches against medium pacers but wasn't going to cut it with bounce and pace. Despite a hot run of form, Greg Todd was the back-up for the 2008 tour to England ahead of him.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Good news, SKYCITY Knights v Firebirds in Wellington 3pm Sunday is now a TV game. That's the one after the game in Hamilton this Fri #HRVCup
Hmm, would seem Gayle cbf.

"Taste it, Kippax!" - Millmow.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
JW McDougall 200* for the CD U19s v Welly. Flem, is this your domain? Know anything about this guy?
18 y.o. from Oakura, so that is Flem's domain.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/sport/8151959/McDougalls-double-century-sets-up-CD

James McDougall 200* - YouTube
Asked match filter to spit out a brief package.

Doesn't really look up to playing for the Stags this season or anything, although who knows with them. Find a way to deliver me my $3.75 winnings for the Shield, ****s, otherwise I'll back up the truck for another crazy second half from Rutherford. Loving Otago at $5.50 ftw.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
18 y.o. from Eltham, so that is Flem's domain.
Cricket: Central Districts Set Up James McDougall's... | Stuff.co.nz

James McDougall 200* - YouTube
Asked match filter to spit out a brief package.

Doesn't really look up to playing for the Stags this season or anything, although who knows with them. Find a way to deliver me my $3.75 winnings for the Shield, ****s, otherwise I'll back up the truck for another crazy second half from Rutherford. Loving Otago at $5.50 ftw.
JW McDougall 200* for the CD U19s v Welly. Flem, is this your domain? Know anything about this guy?
I did a quick google yesterday and found an article on stuff from mid last year. He was in back-up squad for U19 WC squad, would have only been 17 or maybe 18 then though. Also bowls leg spin, and he got decent amount of wickets at last years U18 tournament.

BTW. I am glad it is back to U19 rather than U18.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Cricket: Firebirds poised to lure Gayle - Cricket - NZ Herald News

Cricket: Firebirds poised to lure Gayle

Wellington line up big-hitting Jamaican for HRV Cup matches against Otago and ND.

Chris Gayle has been in patchy form for the Thunder in this season's Big Bash League. Photo / Getty Images
Wellington Cricket is believed to be close to brokering a deal which would see West Indian super-bat Chris Gayle turning out in two T20 games in the capital this weekend.

The well-travelled Gayle, currently plying his trade for the Sydney Thunder in the Big Bash League, is in talks to play in the Firebirds' final two games of the regular season.

With his commitments with the bottom-of-the-table Thunder effectively finishing after tonight's match against the Melbourne Stars, Wellington are hopeful of getting the big-hitting Jamaican across for their HRV Cup showdown against top-of-the-table Otago on Friday, and Sunday's meeting with Northern Districts.

Both fixtures are at the Basin Reserve and will be crucial to determining positions heading into the finals.

The addition of Gayle will further strengthen the powerful Wellington batting line-up, which includes a resurgent Jesse Ryder.

Wellington Cricket boss Peter Clinton could not be contacted last night.

It is not the first time Gayle has been linked with a New Zealand team this season.

Central Districts were rumoured to be chasing the international star and a Taranaki businessman was believed to be willing to stump up $50,000, in conjunction with Venture Taranaki, to help bring Gayle to Pukekura Park - a ground whose postage-stamp dimensions would make it near-impossible to contain the big hitter.

Central Districts chief executive Hugh Henderson confirmed the Stags had been in talks with Gayle but details could not be worked through.

"It was in the pipeline, we did speak to him but it just didn't pan out," said Henderson.

The Wellington deal is believed to be more complex, contingent on gate-takings, but potentially more lucrative than Central Districts' offer.

Gayle is the first player to score a century in an international T20 match, and has a record seven centuries in the shortened format.

He has been in uncharacteristically poor form for the Thunder in this edition of the BBL, last week earning the ire of veteran Brad Haddin, who told the import to start earning his monster pay cheque.

His inclusion in the Wellington team would, however, prove a big drawcard for fans starved of high-profile imports this year.

Should Wellington go on to win the New Zealand domestic competition, Gayle will then be eligible to play for the Firebirds in the highly lucrative Champions League, although his loyalties would first lie with his Indian Premier League team, Royal Challengers Bangalore, and Jamaica, should either team qualify.