• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Cricket Draft

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
So how many are in with the post Bradman timeline?

The ones I can count are :

Me
kingkallis
AndyZaltzHair
Himannv
Jager
Saint Kopite

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Making the timeline to 1928 is not helping too much because we generally tend to select only handful of players before that era; it's not going to make a world of difference if timeline is 1928 so IMO to make it interesting either make it PRE-1970 or make it POST 1960/1970

Eds

International Debutant
Making the timeline to 1928 is not helping too much because we generally tend to select only handful of players before that era; it's not going to make a world of difference if timeline is 1928 so IMO to make it interesting either make it PRE-1970 or make it POST 1960/1970
Agree with this.

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
The point of that period is to exclude Bradman. It's an unfair advantage to have Bradman in any team. If you want an all time draft excluding The Don, I'm in. You can choose the period you want, I am gonna pick the players I know well by either watching them play or enough footage. What is the point on picking someone based on stats from cricinfo without having a clue on his strengths and weaknesses? I am speaking for myself here. My knowledge on test cricket is very limited and mainly post 50s or 60s, and hence I chose a post 70s period.

I still stand by my argument of a post 70 period being the most competetive for everyone. If you think its very easy to play in that period, try it. Maybe you guys have been involved in many drafts before including those players and want something different which is understandable. But as of now, I am not willing to change it anymore. A post Bradman period is fine and I dont think it will be an issue. Once the game starts and your picks start getting stolen, things will automatically get interesting.

If that doesnt convince you enough, the next time we can play by your rules. Thanks.

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
To conclude, I am fine with either post Bradman or post 70. As of now its post Bradman, if need be we can go back to post 70.

And the number of participants depends on the number of registerations.

Eds

International Debutant
In fact, I think I'd enjoy post '70 (or '60). Definitely more so than post Bradman.

In if it's the former. Think the latter will simply be a case of the usual teams these drafts generate.

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Lets have a vote. I have two conditions. Period should end with the present day. No Bradman. After that, whatever you guys want. Post bradman. Post 60/70. Post whatever

Please put in your choice..

Me : Post 1970
kingkallis :
AndyZaltzHair :
Himannv :
Jager :
Saint Kopite :
Eds :
Blakus :

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
If period should end with present day, I'd go with Post '60 if 16 players and post '70 if 10 players

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aldo, just pick one. As a spectator I say post 1970.
In fact, if it's post 1970 I may be inclined to join in.

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
My choice is post 70 only. But a couple of members joined after the rules were changed. Which is why I am asking it again and again.

My call is post 70.