• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Sri Lanka 2012

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
Sat Jul 21
1st ODI
Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota

Tue Jul 24
2nd ODI
Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota

Sat Jul 28
3rd ODI
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

Tue Jul 31
4th ODI
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

Sat Aug 4
5th ODI
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium

Tue Aug 7
T20I
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Sri Lanka's squad for this series : Mahela Jayawardene (capt), Angelo Mathews (vice-capt), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Kumar Sangakkara, Upul Tharanga, Dinesh Chandimal (wk), Nuwan Kulasekara, Thisara Perera, Lahiru Thirimanne, Lasith Malinga, Chamara Kapugedera, Rangana Herath, Sachithra Senanayake, Jeevan Mendis, Isuru Udana

India's squad for this series : MS Dhoni (capt & wk), Virat Kohli (vice-capt), Gautam Gambhir, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Manoj Tiwary, R Ashwin, Irfan Pathan, Rahul Sharma, Ashok Dinda, Pragyan Ojha, Virender Sehwag, Zaheer Khan, Umesh Yadav, Ajinkya Rahane.

If India win this series 4-1 or 5-0 they will be no. 1 in ODI rankings and if Sri Lanka win this series 4-1 or 5-0 they will move to 4th place and India will slip to 5th

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Sri Lanka favourite for me here; it's their backyard and also the fact they are coming off finishing a good series against Pak. On the other hand India didn't play enough cricket recently to get into the groove of things

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yet another India-SL series eh.. then again it's not as bad as some other times since this is a perfect opportunity to get the combinations right for the WC in two months time.

I REALLY hope Irfan Pathan gets it together, I think his batting has developed to the point where he can be relied to finish games off, but his bowling needs a lot more consistency.

Looking forward to seeing Rahane and Tiwary play as well.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
India won the toss, batting first

India's team : V Sehwag, G Gambhir, V Kohli, RG Sharma, SK Raina, MS Dhoni*†, IK Pathan, R Ashwin, Z Khan, UT Yadav, PP Ojha

Sri lanka's team : WU Tharanga, TM Dilshan, KC Sangakkara†, DPMD Jayawardene*, LD Chandimal, AD Mathews, HDRL Thirimanne, NLTC Perera, KMDN Kulasekara, SL Malinga, HMRKB Herath

kingkallis

International Coach
Good to see Pathan doing well...badly need him to come back to form. PK and Vinay cant keep up with their fitness.

Dissector

International Debutant
This is Kohli's third consecutive ODI hundred against SL, isn't it? I wonder what the record is against a particular country.