• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar is selfish

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Doubtless many Indians here will have their feathers ruffled but the truth is SRT
is basically standing standing in the way of young players like Ajinkya Rahane and Rohit Sharma by prolonging his career.

A batsman of his stature really ought to take a leaf out of Rahul Dravid's book and retire with some dignity.

Even if he does decide to play on in tests for a bit longer, can't honestsly fathom why he'd want to play ODIs anymore - ain't gonna get any better than a WC win at home.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Offering a sweet double on this, not just the mod who does the close but also how many posts it will have before the padlock appears.

VM me your bets.

Thanks
GIMH

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
LOL. Man if you want to talk trash on SRT just come to my channel, loads of SRT haterz there!

Ruckus

International Captain
Played 11 ODs already for India. Immense FC record too. Saw some of him player in the IPL (the gold standard of judging someone) and he definitely has a a bit of class to him.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We've been hearing for a good few years now about all these wonderful Indian batsmen he, Dravid and Laxman were/are holding back, but none of them seem to take their chances

Ruckus

International Captain
Well I mean Sharma and Rahane haven't been given chances in test cricket yet, but I don't see why on earth you would want Tendulkar to step down or get dropped (ha) considering he still easily carries his own weight. In any case you want the balance of experience and youth in there, and pretty soon they will inevitably lose a lot of that when Laxman and Tendulkar retire. Why force that change even earlier?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
He has earnes the right to retire on his own terms, and while I agree that he is more or less just playing for records right now, its his perogative and until he starts to hurt the team or not pull his weight, let him. Also unlike Aussie and old W.I. boards, they will allow him the honour of calling it a day when he is ready. Short sighted maybe, but the right thing to do.