• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England-South Africa Preview

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice piece Dave but, if you don't mind me saying, unduly pessimistic - it'll be 2-0 to England, unless the sun shines right through August, in which case it will be 3-0

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
South Africa look so good on paper.

If de Villiers keeps, will they play an extra batsman? You'd think he's remain at 5.

Smith
Peterson
Amla
Kallis
de Villiers (wk)
Duminy
????
Philander
Steyn
Morkel
Tahir

You'd think if AB keeps and bats at 5, it would be great if they had another high quality bat at 7, or a batting all-rounder if there is one around?

Jager

International Debutant
Kallis already fills the batting all-rounder slot, so I'd imagine they'd play Rudolph. Is he in the squad?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

If de Villiers keeps, will they play an extra batsman? You'd think he's remain at 5.

Smith
Peterson
Amla
Kallis
de Villiers (wk)
Duminy
????
Philander
Steyn
Morkel
Tahir

You'd think if AB keeps and bats at 5, it would be great if they had another high quality bat at 7, or a batting all-rounder if there is one around?
Rudolph would play ahead of Duminy; no indications at all that they were about to change that.

But Duminy will still play now that Boucher is out.

Marius

International Debutant

Smith
Peterson
Amla
Kallis
de Villiers (wk)
Duminy
????
Philander
Steyn
Morkel
Tahir

Team:

Smith
Petersen
Amla
Kallis
De Villiers
Rudolph
Duminy
Philander
Steyn
Morkel
Tahir

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah, highlight of the season if - and it's a big if - the rain stays away. I think I'm right in saying that no series between these sides since 1994 has been decided by more than a single Test, although the 2-1 in 1999-00 was a tad artificial for reasons we all know about. Not going to make myself look foolish by making predictions, just looking forward to seeing Philander's average go up past 30. :p