Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Lee to retire from cricket

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar

Brett Lee to retire from cricket

WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    So he'll remain level with McGrath as the highest wicket taker for Australia in ODI's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Wow, you'd think CA would be disappointed if he didn't run around for the Sixers again.

A very good career; a great ODI player and briefly touched those heights in Test cricket at the beginning and towards the end of his tenure.

State Vice-Captain BackFootPunch's Avatar
    I kinda like the idea of him staying level with McGrath tbh. Similar to the Taylor/Bradman thing (which Hayden then ruined).

Heck of a player anyway. I think he'll be remembered more fondly in years to come.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Now being suggested he'll still be available for the Big Bash. Just retiring from internationals.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!

Pretty hard not to like Brett Lee, at least as a person. Shame to see it end on an injury, though you suspect it would be the only thing that would make him give up playing for Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    Genuinely nice guy who will be missed around the international team I reckon. Good mentor.

He'll have a few lucrative years in the BBL and IPL. Good on him.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    One of my favourite players. Awesome ODI player.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    maybe he's just doing a Ponting and hosting a press conference to say "well gee I dunno know"
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

U19 Debutant
    one of the genuine good guys..btw bollywood is waiting for a singer who can bowl the maidens

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Where does everyone think he ranks as an ODI bowler?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    maybe he's just doing a Ponting and hosting a press conference to say "well gee I dunno know"

Don't think I have seen a bloke with a bigger heart than Binga, for a bloke who bowled (well) over 90 mph through his career he still managed to play over a decade and take close to 750 international scalps desite suffering from numerous injuries and that just shows his character.

He had some good days and some bad one's in the field but not even his harshest critic can deny the fact that Brett Lee gave nothing but his 100% whenever he was on a cricket field in an Australian shirt.

For a lot of people the lasting memories of Brett Lee would probably be some ''lee-thal'' spells he bowled during the course of his career, but for me the ever lasting memory of Brett Lee would be his batting exploits during Ashes 2005 when he kept taking blow after blow on his body and that pretty much sums up the kind of guy Binga was and the kind of commitment he had towards his team and his country.

Binga... you would be truly missed and as an Australian fan thanks for all the great memories...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Where does everyone think he ranks as an ODI bowler?
    Easily in the top 5 bracket, sure he was pretty poor at the death but still when he was on song (which was pretty often) he would rip a batting line-up apart, his strike-rate and number of five wicket hauls in ODI cricket are proof of the same.

what a champ. good time to go out.

float around playing t20 and doing some ads and songs, why not. Doesn't have anything to prove now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information