• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee to retire from cricket

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Wow, you'd think CA would be disappointed if he didn't run around for the Sixers again.

A very good career; a great ODI player and briefly touched those heights in Test cricket at the beginning and towards the end of his tenure.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
I kinda like the idea of him staying level with McGrath tbh. Similar to the Taylor/Bradman thing (which Hayden then ruined).

Heck of a player anyway. I think he'll be remembered more fondly in years to come.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now being suggested he'll still be available for the Big Bash. Just retiring from internationals.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:(

Pretty hard not to like Brett Lee, at least as a person. Shame to see it end on an injury, though you suspect it would be the only thing that would make him give up playing for Australia.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Genuinely nice guy who will be missed around the international team I reckon. Good mentor.

He'll have a few lucrative years in the BBL and IPL. Good on him.

Spikey

maybe he's just doing a Ponting and hosting a press conference to say "well gee I dunno know"

pup11

International Coach
Don't think I have seen a bloke with a bigger heart than Binga, for a bloke who bowled (well) over 90 mph through his career he still managed to play over a decade and take close to 750 international scalps desite suffering from numerous injuries and that just shows his character.

He had some good days and some bad one's in the field but not even his harshest critic can deny the fact that Brett Lee gave nothing but his 100% whenever he was on a cricket field in an Australian shirt.

For a lot of people the lasting memories of Brett Lee would probably be some ''lee-thal'' spells he bowled during the course of his career, but for me the ever lasting memory of Brett Lee would be his batting exploits during Ashes 2005 when he kept taking blow after blow on his body and that pretty much sums up the kind of guy Binga was and the kind of commitment he had towards his team and his country.

Binga... you would be truly missed and as an Australian fan thanks for all the great memories...!!!

pup11

International Coach
Where does everyone think he ranks as an ODI bowler?
Easily in the top 5 bracket, sure he was pretty poor at the death but still when he was on song (which was pretty often) he would rip a batting line-up apart, his strike-rate and number of five wicket hauls in ODI cricket are proof of the same.

uvelocity

International Coach
what a champ. good time to go out.

float around playing t20 and doing some ads and songs, why not. Doesn't have anything to prove now.

Burgey

If he knew his retirement was coming he should have bowled a few beamers at Cook and Trott to try and scar them.

morgieb

This sucks :(

At least he'll hang around in T20's, even if he isn't that good at it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lee was a good bloke. Obviously a pretty darn good bowler, but also was a magnificent fielder.