Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How good is Azhar Ali?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar

How good is Azhar Ali?

?
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Made an impressive start to his career and is on an upward curve. Hope he carries on as he is as Pakistan need a few solid bats in the top order and he looks one.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    ftr, all new pakistani batsmen tend to merge into one pitiful figure for me so this is why i know almost nothing about the guy

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Unlike many who play loosely he seems to have a good technique and is happy to bat for a long time. Two great assets there.

I didn't rate him for some time until the Test against England in January, happy to admit I was wrong. I tend to think a lot of people claim a player is patient when they have a dour strike rate when really they've just got a lack of proper shots, and it means that by the time they get out they've not managed enough runs in the time they had. So I especially thought this of Azhar given that at one point he had something like ten fifties without a ton.

In the last year though I've been pretty convinced he really is one of these enviously patient players, and so he well could be piling up the runs in future. His record is pretty remarkable should you remove his shenanigans-laden debut tour - since Misbah became captain, he's scored 1500 runs at 54.

He reminds me a bit of a young cook, which suggests that at some point or other he is likely to have poor runs and look shaky against top bowling. But as with Cook, that neededn't be that much of a barrier to prolonged success.

Was kind of inevitable he'd get out while I was typing that

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Is a Khan Research Laboratories ATG
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 11-07-2012 at 05:35 AM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Reckon he'll be the type of guy who has his teams that he loads up against, and has some that he can't buy a run against.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Reckon he'll be the type of guy who has his teams that he loads up against, and has some that he can't buy a run against.
    why would you say that.

Don't think he has weakness to to any particular type of bowling may not score bucketful outside sub cont but then not many sub cont batsman do. Looks to a very solid temperament when you consider the amount of times he stands up in a clutch situation.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    All I know is he's better than Umar Akmal
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    why would you say that.

Don't think he has weakness to to any particular type of bowling may not score bucketful outside sub cont but then not many sub cont batsman do. Looks to a very solid temperament when you consider the amount of times he stands up in a clutch situation.
    More that he'll have his good series and his poor ones, because of the way he plays if he's a little bit off, then he will make lower scores because he isn't the most natural of stroke makers. And the way things work out, it could well be against the same team, some part of that may be coincidence, some part not.

Think he'll have a good career, but I guess you can have less confidence in saying that about a Pakistani player than most other nations!

U19 Debutant
    Looks great in flat/spin pitches of SC and WI(oops)..Looked great in swing conditions of Eng/NZ..Let us see what he does in the bounce of Aus and the Bounce and Swing of SA..As of now he has ticked all the right boxes

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Love Azhar. Hopes he continues to do well and it would be nice if he averages 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    I like Azhar - good cricketer - decent enough technique, he's tidied it up a bit. Plays inside the line better, he was having problems playing away from his body. He seems to have a really good range of shots as well, but tempers his natural aggression nicely. I actually reckon his leg spin is handy and he's a really good fielder. Don't think he likes bounce much, so he may struggle in Eng/Aus/SA. It'll be interesting to see...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    really like Azhar Ali....seems to be a half decent find from Pakistan after a long long time.....
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information