• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Boucher Tribute Thread

Marius

International Debutant

kingkallis

International Coach
Bouchie, what a legend! My favorite wicket keeper - a very stylish and effective batsman as well.

I was really shattered after reading about the eye injury. I just hope he gets the vision back as its a long journey after cricket as well.

Bradman : 99.94
Boucher : 999

stumpski

International Captain
how bad does the batsman feel?
How was it the batsman's fault? He was just a tailender having a slog. You might as well blame Tahir for bowling straight.

Boucher's record seems about as likely to be toppled as Tendulkar's or Murali's. Especially as the trend seems to be for slightly less Test cricket than there was a few years ago, with shorter series being favoured.

Sowester

Cricket Spectator
This is a real shame. He's been South Africa's no. 1 keeper almost as long as I've been obsessed with cricket.

Just shows that you can average around 30 and be well worth your place in the side. A brilliant professional.

He is quite rightly in the top 10 of this Best Cricket Wicket-Keeper vote.

I for one wish him all the best with the rest of his life.

Himannv

International Coach
Certainly a terrible way to end a career. I'm not a big fan but he has been a dedicated servant for South African cricket and he had a great career which lasted over a decade.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crappy way to go out. Been a top servant for SA and was rarely if ever injured so it is a cruel way to go out in more ways than one.

All you can say is that you hope he makes a full recovery but obviously with eyes it is far too early to know.