• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Boucher Tribute Thread

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ah gutted, especially for it to happen at Taunton :( Bouch was one of the last remaining cricketers who was there when I fell in love with the game.. I saw him at the first international game I went to see.. A son of my adopted Eastern Cape, he was like furniture around East London and PE.. Although his test catches record will probably never be beaten, like a Flintoff he was a man who was more than his figures suggested... Unless you're reading from a Duckworth and Lewis sheet, If there was a cricketer to get you home in an ODI, I'd struggle to beat Bouch.. You'll be missed champ

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Excellent servant to South African cricket, and a sad end to a great career. This isn't the way he deserved to exit the game.

uvelocity

International Coach
I love when I write something awesome I get 0 replys.

post up a stat and the quote button gets worn out

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sucks that it ended that way.

Probably the right decision to retire as he was declining quick, but still credit for an excellent career and 999 dismissals (god that must suck).

Who's gonna replace him?

Heboric

International Debutant
All the best Boucher hope you fully recover.

A true South African legend.

A while back South Africa did their cricketers of the Century awards. When I look back some of the nominations in retrospect seem incorrect. We will have players like Boucher and Kallis not even being nominated.

I wonder what Tahir is feeling, he is quite an emotional chap - hopefully someone has sat down with him.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder what Tahir is feeling, he is quite an emotional chap - hopefully someone has sat down with him.
Hopefully it is drilled into him that it was a freak accident and he is blameless. Could get to him though as he is a new boy on the block. I am sure though that the old heads of the team are making sure he doesn't dwell too much on it as he is not at fault at all.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Even if you turn a blind eye to his phenominal stats, his career is one I'm sure he'll look back on with fondness.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Very sad way to end it all. But as his team mates rightly pointed out its bigger than cricket now.

Any new news on his recovery yet?
Saw him being wheeled through Cape Town airport this morning, hung around after a flight of my own.. Looked completely dejected and apparently we won't know about his sight for weeks..

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Boucher is the only South African Wicket Keeper Batsman I have watched. Sad to see him go like that, and I hope he recovers soon.