• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Indians are not picking Varun Aaron ?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Surprised Aaron wasn't picked on either the India A tour of West Indies or the Indian team to Sri Lanka.

He is probably the quickest bowler India have ever produced and they're not investing in him :wacko:

I know Pews the Baulko boy will chirp in with his oh but look at his first class record - you can't possibly pick him
Yeeah, maybe he won't cut it at the highest level but there is more chance of him troubling international batsmen as he develops than mediocre medium pacers like Vinay Kumar who India have a plethora of.

India need to take a leaf out of Pakistan's book here - if you see young quicks with promise pick them and give them opportunities to nurture their potential.
I thiink even Australia have done the right thing here with Pattinson and Cummins

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprised Aaron wasn't picked on either the India A tour of West Indies or the Indian team to Sri Lanka.

He is probably the quickest bowler India have ever produced and they're not investing in him :wacko:

I know Pews the Baulko boy will chirp in with his oh but look at his first class record - you can't possibly pick him
Yeeah, maybe he won't cut it at the highest level but there is more chance of him troubling international batsmen as he develops than mediocre medium pacers like Vinay Kumar who India have a plethora of.

India need to take a leaf out of Pakistan's book here - if you see young quicks with promise pick them and give them opportunities to nurture their potential.
I thiink even Australia have done the right thing here with Pattinson and Cummins
Javagal Srinath would disagree.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach

*Atul Sharma joke*

Teja.

Global Moderator
Because he is a remarkably dire bowler who is well well below average even as far as Indian FC fast bowling standards are concerned which says quite a lot.

Picking him would be logically fallacious and completely farcical so I'd expect the Indian management to do it very soon.

Flem274*

123/5
If he can't take wickets in Indian domestix, how is he going to get Sangakkara, Ponting and Kallis out?

Young players can be given a run if they've played very few games but have actually bowled well, even if their figures don't tell the full story like Anderson's in the last Ashes, but if you're struggling to average under 40 for twenty plus games its because you're close to terrible.

You mention Pakistan, but for every Wasim and Waqar there is a Sami thrown in sometimes. Aaron has plenty of time to develop. Leave him be.

smash84

The Tiger King
If he can't take wickets in Indian domestix, how is he going to get Sangakkara, Ponting and Kallis out?

Young players can be given a run if they've played very few games but have actually bowled well, even if their figures don't tell the full story like Anderson's in the last Ashes, but if you're struggling to average under 40 for twenty plus games its because you're close to terrible.

You mention Pakistan, but for every Wasim and Waqar there is a Sami thrown in sometimes. Aaron has plenty of time to develop. Leave him be.
Sami is one and only

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Who gives a damn if he's India's quickest bowler? He's rubbish.

India's best bowler by a mile is a guy who barely gets it above 80mph.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Except they're good.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
That and he's a bit ****.

Can see him been one of Old Jowly's hunch picks though. Speed ain't everything for a bowler, so long as you can land it in the right areas at a decent speed then you'll do ok.

Ishant Sharma seems to put a lot into his pace but just about bugger all when it comes to actually placing it, at least on the evidence of his performances in Australia earlier this year and in England the other year..

Psycho Macaque

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Aye, Sharma's one of many disappointing Indian quicks - he shouldn't even be in the side, by rights... he's gone from mediocre to abject in the space of a year. As for Aaron, I saw a decent amount of potential... if his teammates weren't so rubbish, he probably wouldn't have got the tonk he did.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure what the hate is all about, he's not test material yet, but he's a perfectly legitimate ODI bowler, bowled well in the IPL as well as the handful of ODI's he's played till now.

Injuries and how he handles them is a totally different matter however.