Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Indians are not picking Varun Aaron ?

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar

Why Indians are not picking Varun Aaron ?

Surprised Aaron wasn't picked on either the India A tour of West Indies or the Indian team to Sri Lanka.

He is probably the quickest bowler India have ever produced and they're not investing in him

I know Pews the Baulko boy will chirp in with his oh but look at his first class record - you can't possibly pick him
    Yeeah, maybe he won't cut it at the highest level but there is more chance of him troubling international batsmen as he develops than mediocre medium pacers like Vinay Kumar who India have a plethora of.

India need to take a leaf out of Pakistan's book here - if you see young quicks with promise pick them and give them opportunities to nurture their potential.
    I thiink even Australia have done the right thing here with Pattinson and Cummins
    Zinedine Zidane is the greatest footballer ever !

Richard Dickinson - you little beauty !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Salamuddin View Post
    Surprised Aaron wasn't picked on either the India A tour of West Indies or the Indian team to Sri Lanka.

He is probably the quickest bowler India have ever produced and they're not investing in him

I know Pews the Baulko boy will chirp in with his oh but look at his first class record - you can't possibly pick him
    Yeeah, maybe he won't cut it at the highest level but there is more chance of him troubling international batsmen as he develops than mediocre medium pacers like Vinay Kumar who India have a plethora of.

India need to take a leaf out of Pakistan's book here - if you see young quicks with promise pick them and give them opportunities to nurture their potential.
    I thiink even Australia have done the right thing here with Pattinson and Cummins
    Javagal Srinath would disagree.
    Diuretics are used to look good at TV shows

I played for 20 years in the Lankan team, I did not have any problems as a Tamil - Muralidaran

School Boy/Girl Captain ImpatientLime's Avatar
    Being complete and utter ****house is probably not helping his cause.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar

*Atul Sharma joke*
    Exit pursuing a beer

Because he is a remarkably dire bowler who is well well below average even as far as Indian FC fast bowling standards are concerned which says quite a lot.

Picking him would be logically fallacious and completely farcical so I'd expect the Indian management to do it very soon.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    If he can't take wickets in Indian domestix, how is he going to get Sangakkara, Ponting and Kallis out?

Young players can be given a run if they've played very few games but have actually bowled well, even if their figures don't tell the full story like Anderson's in the last Ashes, but if you're struggling to average under 40 for twenty plus games its because you're close to terrible.

You mention Pakistan, but for every Wasim and Waqar there is a Sami thrown in sometimes. Aaron has plenty of time to develop. Leave him be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    If he can't take wickets in Indian domestix, how is he going to get Sangakkara, Ponting and Kallis out?

Young players can be given a run if they've played very few games but have actually bowled well, even if their figures don't tell the full story like Anderson's in the last Ashes, but if you're struggling to average under 40 for twenty plus games its because you're close to terrible.

You mention Pakistan, but for every Wasim and Waqar there is a Sami thrown in sometimes. Aaron has plenty of time to develop. Leave him be.
    Sami is one and only
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Apparently he is injured and would be out of action till september

Who gives a damn if he's India's quickest bowler? He's rubbish.

India's best bowler by a mile is a guy who barely gets it above 80mph.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar

Except they're good.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    I had high hopes for him, but like many an Indian quick he breaks down way too easily.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    That and he's a bit ****.

Can see him been one of Old Jowly's hunch picks though. Speed ain't everything for a bowler, so long as you can land it in the right areas at a decent speed then you'll do ok.

Ishant Sharma seems to put a lot into his pace but just about bugger all when it comes to actually placing it, at least on the evidence of his performances in Australia earlier this year and in England the other year..
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Aye, Sharma's one of many disappointing Indian quicks - he shouldn't even be in the side, by rights... he's gone from mediocre to abject in the space of a year. As for Aaron, I saw a decent amount of potential... if his teammates weren't so rubbish, he probably wouldn't have got the tonk he did.

~ Cribbage

Not sure what the hate is all about, he's not test material yet, but he's a perfectly legitimate ODI bowler, bowled well in the IPL as well as the handful of ODI's he's played till now.

Injuries and how he handles them is a totally different matter however.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information