• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is Sanga?

• Total voters

Blocky

Banned
Sangakarra has...

More runs per test.
More centuries per innings.
A better average.
More double centuries.
A score higher than 300.
A higher strike rate
More sixes per innings.
More match wins per century.
A higher winning percentage.

Than Sachin Tendulkar.

He also has more A's in his name too, if that suits you Flem? And he is more closely linked to sweet potatos too.

Blocky

Banned
Let's face facts, if your surname ends in "Ara" - you're a better player than someone who's surname ends in "Kar"

i.e Lara and Sangakkara better than Gavaskar and Tendulkar.

Flem274*

123/5
Tendulkar almost spells "dull" as a syllable. You can spell "NASA" using letters in Sangakkara's name. Sanga wins.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Love the way Sanga is burying the nitpickers and naysayers under a mountain of runs. I rate Sanga ahead of Tendulkar. They're both accumulators rather than destroyers; the stats say that Sanga is that little bit more efficient and that little bit more effective at accumulating. For me, only Viv and Lara rank above Sanga in our lifetime. And I only give them the palm because both had that X-factor which stats can't capture. When one is discussing the Tendulkars, Pontings, Dravids, Kallises and Sangas one can see from the comparative SRs that one is pretty much comparing like with like, so a purely statistically-based evaluation is generally valid. Not so for the calypso men.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
An analysis of the stats reveals that this overall figures are skewed a bit by things like playing a lot against Bangladesh though, if you take a deeper look his away stats against the good bowling teams don't quite shape up compared to someone like Tendulkar who was consistently prolific everywhere and against everyone

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I rate Sanga ahead of Tendulkar. They're both accumulators rather than destroyers........ When one is discussing the Tendulkars, Pontings, Dravids, Kallises and Sangas one can see from the comparative SRs that one is pretty much comparing like with like......
I don't post in this thread often. But.. did you even watch Sachin bat?

Jassy

Banned
Haha CWB and Blocky would have disappeared if Pakistan had reviewed the lbw yesterday when Sanga wasn't even on 20. I have realised something though - it is not Sanga I dislike, it is the fans who post drivel! May he go on and get a big score along with Jaya here. Screw up that **** Ajmal and Junaid's figures.

DingDong

State Captain
Love the way Sanga is burying the nitpickers and naysayers under a mountain of runs. I rate Sanga ahead of Tendulkar. They're both accumulators rather than destroyers; the stats say that Sanga is that little bit more efficient and that little bit more effective at accumulating. For me, only Viv and Lara rank above Sanga in our lifetime. And I only give them the palm because both had that X-factor which stats can't capture. When one is discussing the Tendulkars, Pontings, Dravids, Kallises and Sangas one can see from the comparative SRs that one is pretty much comparing like with like, so a purely statistically-based evaluation is generally valid. Not so for the calypso men.
u've got me to come over to sanga's side with this post.

tendulkar never really played any atg test knocks or even match winning innings all that often. i believe his make up was too passive to ever truly be a great match winner in ponting, lara mold.

Last edited:

Jassy

Banned
Anyone who thinks Ponting and Tendulkar didn't have X facror is ******* clueless. Jesus, I have read some nonsense in my lifetime, this just about takes the cake. Maybe even worse than viriya's Garner is not an ATG and Johnson is better statement.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

tendulkar never really played any atg test knocks or even match winning innings all that often. i believe his make up was too passive to ever truly be a great match winner in ponting, lara mold.
I'm not saying it's ridiculous to say that Sanga is better than the Tendulkar but I'm pretty convinced you guys didn't watch Tendulkar in his late 90s-early 2000s prime.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Haha CWB and Blocky would have disappeared if Pakistan had reviewed the lbw yesterday when Sanga wasn't even on 20. I have realised something though - it is not Sanga I dislike, it is the fans who post drivel! May he go on and get a big score along with Jaya here. Screw up that **** Ajmal and Junaid's figures.
I hadn't posted in this thread - which I started two years ago - for maybe eighteen months before accidentally noticing that it was still open last week during my first visit to this site in about a year. During the interval I think you'll acknowledge that, had that been my agenda, I have missed quite a few opportunities to come in and post in support of Sanga's greatness on the back of some big score or other. What I have recently posted on this thread had nothing to do with yesterday's score; I'm not even following the match. I was aware of the closing score only because I was on Cricinfo for news of the England match. Knowing that SL were one wicket down I naturally assumed that Sanga was not out, but didn't even bother to check what his score was. I don't follow cricket day-to-day - or anything like. And I certainly don't react like some juvenile to a good score by one of my favourite players by rushing here to post that it proves he's the best thing since sliced bread. It is perhaps better not to judge others by one's own obviously rather low standards.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer

Good post :D

Jassy

Banned
Well, thanks for making it clear that you only follow matches on cricinfo. Would explain all of your viewpoints. You posted on this thread because of Sanga's current innings and you most certainly would not have if Pak had reviewed that. You are totally clueless. Posting pompously with a few big words thrown in does not make up for lack of knowledge.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Well, thanks for making it clear that you only follow matches on cricinfo. Would explain all of your viewpoints. You posted on this thread because of Sanga's current innings and you most certainly would not have if Pak had reviewed that. You are totally clueless. Posting pompously with a few big words thrown in does not make up for lack of knowledge.
I think what you have just proved is that you're an idiot who wrongly extrapolates from someone stating that he is getting updates for a particular Test match on Cricinfo that it means he only follows cricket in general via that website. Given your patent distaste for "big words" I'm almost ashamed to ask you to look up "logical fallacy".

cnerd123

likes this
Lol this thread. Now a guy who only follows cricket casually and on cricinfo is trying to assert Sanga is better than Tendulkar against hardcore fans. Love if. Only if Dawood Ahmed would post here now...