• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League - The Reserves

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Seeing as the second season of the top division is starting up again, I'll share my idea for season 2 of the second division draft league

Reverse Batting Order Draft

The idea of this draft is that your round 1 pick has to bat below your round 2 pick who has to bat below your third round pick who has to bat below your round 4 pick etc etc.

Here are the actual rules

1. 12 round draft, reverse snake format with the order changing every two rounds.
2. Your first 11 picks have to follow the idea laid outr above aka. the round 1 pick has to bat lower than the round 2 pick who has to bat lower than the round 3 pick and so on and so forth
3. The round 12 pick is a wildcard pick who can bat anywhere in the batting line up, however the 10 (or all 11 if your 12th round pick is 12th man) have to meet the specifications mentioned above.
4. Anyone can be made 12th man
5. Bradman is available for selection
6. You can pick players in any round you see fit (i.e. the batting order does not have to be the same as it would be if your sides batting order had no restrictions)

Eds

International Debutant
It's an excellent idea, and I reckon you should edit it so this is allowed:

Round 1: #6
Round 2: #5
Round 3: #4
Round 4: #3
Round 5: #2
Round 6: #1
Round 7: #11
etc. etc.

Just gives people a bit more variation that everyone choosing their number 11s at the same time, then their number 10s at the same time.

Jager

International Debutant
Awesome idea Michael, does that mean you could pick Bradman first round if you wanted but he'd have to bat at 11?

Jager

International Debutant
Also, if you're in the draft you should post here saying so, so that we have an idea of numbers.

watson

Banned
Awesome idea Michael, does that mean you could pick Bradman first round if you wanted but he'd have to bat at 11?
I guess if someone does slot Bradman into the No.7, 8, 9, 10, or 11 spot then the voters will have to decide whether his talent has been wasted or not. If we feel that Bradman has been wasted then we will possibly vote for another team.

Interesting!

Jager

International Debutant
Welcome aboard, Ankit. I am going to assume the relegated players will be in too, by the way, but I'll put them in italics

Players so far
rvd619323
8ankitj
Michaelf7777777
morgieb
Camo999
Marcuss
Cabinet96

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Is there some league going on? In which case how will I fit? May be I should pull out ?

Jager

International Debutant
There is a Draft League which is 12 players, and every round the bottom two get relegated to this league (the reserves) and the top two here go up. We want more people here actually, so stay!

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Should have mentioned in above post but I propose 12 hours before pick is skipped. I say leave it for another 24 hours to get potential signups interested.

@eds - Doing it that way though would mean Bradman would need to be excluded (which I like to try and avoid) because getting Bradman first and batting him at 6 is still a no-brainer as far as I can tell while under my system (as there is not much value from him at 10 or 11),Bradman being present allows for more tactical options and challenges

@Jager - If you picked Bradman in round 1 he'd be batting at #11 (or at #10 if you placed your round 12 wildcard selection at #11).

Jager

International Debutant
Yeah I reckon Bradman is too good to include in a normal pick-by-pick draft.

Michael, are you good to run this one?

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Yes, I'll work out the draft order for the first 2 rounds tonight New Zealand time (approximately 20 hours from now). Anyone else who wants to join can tack on at the end of the draft order

Jager

International Debutant
Great, thanks man. Really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out with the different format!

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'll have another go drafting.

Would the judging criteria be based on the suitability of the batting order as well? (i.e. would you be penalised for batting Bradman at 6?)

Jager

International Debutant
Updated player list
rvd619323
8ankitj
Michaelf7777777
morgieb
Camo999
Agent TBY
Marcuss
Cabinet96