• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League - The Reserves

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I agree 12.5 test per player is too low. Any chance of reviving it? 300 tests gives you an average of 25 test per player to hit which is reasonable enough.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nah. Get creative.

It means that picking "standard" players who turn up in these drafts is a massive investment of resources and I want to see who's prepared to take the plunge.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Nah. Get creative.

It means that picking "standard" players who turn up in these drafts is a massive investment of resources and I want to see who's prepared to take the plunge.
I think that would still be the case with, say 250 tests.

If you want to stick with 150 tests that's fine, but I just think it may become to difficult in the later rounds. And the standard of the teams may become very poor.

watson

Banned
An average of 12.5 Tests does seem rather low.

Each of the completed teams will be a mixture of players from the19th century, promising novices, South Africans just before they got banned, and the sick & injury prone. Not very expansive.

Therefore, an average of about 20 does seem more fun.

(...Whoops - just realised that you've started already. Please ignore me as per usual)

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Originally I wasn't going to participate this time around, but I'm interested in this concept, so I may as well have a crack.

I'll go with the opposite direction:

Don Bradman (52 Tests)

Balance: 98

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Originally I wasn't going to participate this time around, but I'm interested in this concept, so I may as well have a crack.

Don Bradman (52 Tests)

'Tis the path I'd be going. Pick up a couple of yer traditional draft guns and then fill the rest of the side with pre-Test-cricket legends. I'd probably lose because a lot of people wouldn't have heard of the players I'd picked, but I'd bask in the smug satisfactions of knowing my team was actually awesome.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
'Tis the path I'd be going. Pick up a couple of yer traditional draft guns and then fill the rest of the side with pre-Test-cricket legends. I'd probably lose because a lot of people wouldn't have heard of the players I'd picked, but I'd bask in the smug satisfactions of knowing my team was actually awesome.
You're giving away my plan here Cribb...

watson

Banned

Don Bradman (52 Tests)

........and the occasional smattering of mega stars lol

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
As per the rules, the team is being picked up to play tests, so it's only fair that they don't get the votes :cool2: