• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League - The Reserves

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
UPDATE: 16/9/2012

Draft League Reserves - Third Draft
Rules:
  • Only players to have debuted before the Second World War (everything before 1939, inclusive) are eligible
  • Bradman, as per usual in random draft orders, cannot be selected.
  • You have 12 hours to make you pick, and can catch up at any time (please note, double picks at the end of a round get 24 hours).

Round 1:
Camo999 - WG Grace
8ankitj - Sydney Barnes
Cabinet96 - Jack Hobbs
rvd619323 - Wally Hammond
Agent TBY
MrPrez
morgieb

Round 2:
morgieb
MrPrez
Agent TBY
rvd619323
Cabinet96
8ankitj
Camo999

Round 3:
rvd619323
MrPrez
Cabinet96
8ankitj
Agent TBY
morgieb
Camo999

Round 4:
Camo999
morgieb
Agent TBY
8ankitj
Cabinet96
MrPrez
rvd619323

----------------------

Alright then, this is running parallel to the CW Draft League proper, which means we're the awesome Division 2 counties looking for promotion. We're looking for at least 8 sign ups, from people who are NOT in the League proper. Sorry Glamorgan.

The current list:
  1. Monk
  2. morgieb
  3. rvd619323
  4. Michaelf7777777 (I hope I got the number of 7s right)
So ideally we'd have four more. I promise you won't be as outgunned as Leicestershire is this season. First in, best dressed etc.

So, the first draft itself:
  • We draft our XIs, they get voted on, the top 2 drafters move into the league proper;
  • 12 hours per pick;
  • Randomised order every second round;
  • Any other suggestions will definitely be taken on board;
  • Smali is barred from participation :p

Draft Topic:
This is a ODI draft, with the following rules:
  • The player drafted must not have played ODI cricket;
  • Domestic career must have been completed by 1980 (exc. South Africans, for whom the date is 1991);
  • Don Bradman is NOT eligible for selection, given the randomised draft order.

I'll leave sign-ups open for 48 hours or so, then we'll start drafting (assuming people are still interested).

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Let Smali in if he wants, the 12 hour limit will keep things ticking....

Valer

First Class Debutant
In.

Eta: Is this FC/List A domestic only or are you including grade ect? I'd also point that using domestic careers makes this much harder (no statsguru to give a list of valid players).

Also by 1980 do you mean non inclusive?

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
In.

Eta: Is this FC/List A domestic only or are you including grade ect? I'd also point that using domestic careers makes this much harder (no statsguru to give a list of valid players).

I think it's mostly test cricketers who played before ODIs began.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
In.

Its a rough guide so people don't pick modern players on technicalities. Basically, you can't pick Phil Hughes, or any other domestic player from the 80s onwards who didn't get picked for an ODI.

Maybe I shouldn't have put a date on it - everyone should maintain the spirit of the draft :p

I'm just going to start the draft now - 5 should be enough.

Round One:
morgieb - Sydney Barnes
Valer
rvd619323
Monk
Michael7777777

Round Two:
Michael7777777
Monk
rvd619323
Valer
morgieb