• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League - The Reserves

Jager

International Debutant
Reserve players list, assuming everyone continues unless they have told me, i.e Valer...

Camo999
8ankitj
rvd619323
Agent TBY
Cabinet96
morgieb
MrPrez

Jager

International Debutant
Personally I think a great idea for a draft with seven players would be a pre-WWII debut draft - gives us a much smaller pool of players, and if we imagine when comparing the teams, the pitches would be pre-WWII as well, we will have some great variations in bowling attacks. Potential for teams to have 2/3 or even 4 spinners in teams has me fizzing at the bung. Some great players of yesteryear would become premier draft picks, even if they were neglected in other drafts, too.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Personally I think a great idea for a draft with seven players would be a pre-WWII debut draft - gives us a much smaller pool of players, and if we imagine when comparing the teams, the pitches would be pre-WWII as well, we will have some great variations in bowling attacks. Potential for teams to have 2/3 or even 4 spinners in teams has me fizzing at the bung. Some great players of yesteryear would become premier draft picks, even if they were neglected in other drafts, too.
:laugh:
Very sly usage there; impressive.

Debuts pre-1939 sounds pretty good to me - will probably go ahead unless there are any objections.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Draft League Reserves - Third Draft
Rules:
  • Only players to have debuted before the Second World War (everything before 1939, inclusive) are eligible
  • Bradman, as per usual in random draft orders, cannot be selected.
  • You have 12 hours to make you pick, and can catch up at any time (please note, double picks at the end of a round get 24 hours).

Round 1:
Camo999 - WG Grace
8ankitj - Sydney Barnes
Cabinet96 - Jack Hobbs
rvd619323 - Wally Hammond
Agent TBY - Les Ames
MrPrez
morgieb

Round 2:
morgieb
MrPrez
Agent TBY
rvd619323
Cabinet96
8ankitj
Camo999

Round 3:
rvd619323
MrPrez
Cabinet96
8ankitj
Agent TBY
morgieb
Camo999

Round 4:
Camo999
morgieb
Agent TBY
8ankitj
Cabinet96
MrPrez
rvd619323

Camo999, you're up.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Cracking pace so far.

Morne Morkel to undoubtedly break the trend by spraying his draft pick well wide of the mark.