• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League - The Reserves

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
That is one hell of a team Marcuss, you've managed to get the batting order right as well - perhaps apart from Hammond at 6.

It has come out as a wonderful side though - three top notch seamers, a great (although underrated) spinner along with Hammond and Macartney as 5th and 6th options respectively.

Nicely done.

Jager

International Debutant
Need to finish this league season before we can start the Draft League season 3

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Well, Cabinet and blahblahblah owe two picks each, and haven't been online in ages.

Call it in 24 hours?

Jager

International Debutant
I'll make their last picks if needed - just tell me what sort of players need to be chosen

watson

Banned
I'll make their last picks if needed - just tell me what sort of players need to be chosen
Or just not include their incomplete teams in the voting at all. Automatic fail due to lack of explanation or forewarning. I am assuming that there is no apparent reason for their absence.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Reserves League voting thread to go up in a few hours. Any teams not complete will not be included in the poll.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Apologies. Was away on holiday and had to pay quite a lot for a Wi-Fi connection so I never got round to picking.

Anyway. John Briggs and Dale Steyn to finish things off for me:

1. Graeme Smith*
2. Bruce Mitchell
3. Neil Harvey
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Javed Miandad
6. Andy Flower +
7. Jacques Kallis
8. Keith Miller
9. John Briggs
10. Allan Donald
11. Glenn McGrath

12th man: Dale Steyn

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'll post the new thread for voting now with MorgieB's team and Cabinet's team with just 11 players seeing as blahblah already had Styen.

If Cabinet wants to pick again, I can edit the voting thread.

Jager

International Debutant
Cheers once again to Michael, Dan and Monk who helped out here. DL3 has started, so it would be great if we could get the Reserves going alongside at the same time - rvd has said he is willing to run it, so it will be another great season I hope.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Ok, so what ideas do we have for the draft theme?

My idea was to pick two players at a time, the proviso being they are inherently linked together. The problem, obviously, is whether or not the link is strong enough - but I think we could self-regulate pretty efficiently.

Pretty poor, I know :p What are everyone else's ideas?

BTW Jager, do you have a list of who's in the Reserve League this time round?