• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What does this guy bowl????

What does he bowl...

• A egspin Bowler

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • A Offspin Bowler

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A Wrong-un Bowler

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • A Crappy Bowler

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Yesterday, I played cricket (shock horror) and i am not sure what he was bowling.

We was using a leg spinners wrong-un action, but that was his stock ball. As he didn't bowl one leggy.

What is he bowling?

PY

International Coach
I voted for crappy purely because if he's using a leg spinners action and bowling basically off breaks then its pointless. May as well bowl off breaks because its easier on accuracy side.

PS Your signature should possibly say 'caught' or 'catches' rather than 'catched'. :)

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Paid The Umpire said:
Yesterday, I played cricket (shock horror) and i am not sure what he was bowling.

We was using a leg spinners wrong-un action, but that was his stock ball. As he didn't bowl one leggy.

What is he bowling?
The south african leggy ... paul adams bowls like that (only left arm wrist spin) ... always LEFT ARM wrong uns

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Typo alert - typo alert * woo woo* awooga awooga *

In the options....

If the bowling is a yolk, then it is 'Eggspin'

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I have a mate who bowls like that in my school team. I didn't vote for crappy bowler, because my mate is dangerous and takes wickets because he confuses the opposition

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well if he was bowling googlies all the time, he would be a legspinner (Like Kumble) If he was using his fingers to bowl offies then he is an offspinner, regardless of what his action looks like..

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds like an odd kind of Murali here...a bowler who bowls right-arm-wrist-spin but turns it like an off-break.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I had one of these spells a few years ago when I screwed up my wrist position entirely and couldn't seem to bowl leg breaks as I turned it over too far and ended up bowling wrong-uns all the time.

Basically he's a mirror of Adams.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
one would think he'd be known as a wrist spinner??

even despite the fact he bowls off spin.....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He is an right arm off spinner becuase his stock ball turns from off to leg (to a RHB), regardless of whether he uses his writs or not. I can understand him doing it, as wrong-uns generally turn more than othodox finger spin.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Prince EWS said:
He is an right arm off spinner becuase his stock ball turns from off to leg (to a RHB), regardless of whether he uses his writs or not. I can understand him doing it, as wrong-uns generally turn more than othodox finger spin.
i agree