Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Spot/Match fixers punished in Indian cricket

  1. #1
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,894
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  2. #2
    U19 12th Man
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    203
    As expected, no one think it is something worth commending. Mere mentions of spot fixing on tv.... and boom, life bans, long term bans, all sort of bans.

    And what do the other boards do? Shane Warne got a 1 yr off for doing drugs and he was let scot free after his lil "money-job" with Mark Waugh.

  3. #3
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    33,011
    uh buddy there's an entire thread about it!
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

  4. #4
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    20,235
    Quote Originally Posted by intcricket View Post
    As expected, no one think it is something worth commending. Mere mentions of spot fixing on tv.... and boom, life bans, long term bans, all sort of bans.

    And what do the other boards do? Shane Warne got a 1 yr off for doing drugs and he was let scot free after his lil "money-job" with Mark Waugh.
    A 1/10 effort at best. Lift your game.


  5. #5
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Posts
    12,217
    Intcricket must be a wealthy man if he equates an AUS$8000 fine to getting off scot free

  6. #6
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Intcricket must be a wealthy man if he equates an AUS$8000 fine to getting off scot free
    But Warne is . Is he not? unless he spent all his money on lapdance

  7. #7
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Posts
    12,217
    Quote Originally Posted by doesitmatter View Post
    But Warne is . Is he not? unless he spent all his money on lapdance
    I wouldn't have thought that back in 1995 Warne didn't notice having to part with AUS$8000, although I suppose on reflection what Intcricket might have meant was that when you take into account the US$5000 Warne had been given in the first place that he wasn't really much down on the deal, though I have no idea what that particular exchange rate was back then

  8. #8
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,609
    What the **** does this have to do with Warne and Waugh?
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  9. #9
    International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds, G.O.C.
    Posts
    2,438
    Ah yes Warne and Waugh's telling of a bookie pitch conditions, I'm pretty much sure they could get that information by the pitch report or these days by twitter probably.

    Not even close to what these players playing in India did.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

  10. #10
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    20,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    What the **** does this have to do with Warne and Waugh?
    Absolutely nothing unless you're trolling.

    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    I wouldn't have thought that back in 1995 Warne didn't notice having to part with AUS$8000, although I suppose on reflection what Intcricket might have meant was that when you take into account the US$5000 Warne had been given in the first place that he wasn't really much down on the deal, though I have no idea what that particular exchange rate was back then
    IIRC Warne lost the $5000 he'd been given from John at the casino.

  11. #11
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Posts
    12,217
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post



    IIRC Warne lost the $5000 he'd been given from John at the casino.
    At least he didn't waste it on wine, women and song



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Biggest plodders in international cricket history.
    By Camel56 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 26-07-2010, 02:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •