Cricket Player Manager
Page 91 of 220 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3288

Thread: CW Draft League

  1. #1351
    International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    North Point
    Posts
    6,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    Is that based on who has the number one draft pick for that particular round?
    Each drafter chooses their own clause that they want to use in that round. Let's say some of the clauses are as follows:

    - Pick a player who has played under the captaincy of Mike Denness
    - Pick a player born after 1960 who has never played a game against Sachin Tendulkar in any format
    - Pick a bowler who took more than 25 tests to reach 100 wickets
    - Clause X
    - Clause Y
    - Clause Z

    Drafter A picks a player who has played under Mike Denness.
    Drafter B picks a player who reached 100 wickets after his 25th test
    Drafter C picks someone who has never played Tendulkar in any format at any level
    Drafter D picks someone who falls under Clause Z

    Next round,

    Drafter A picks someone who has never played Tendulkar in any format at any level
    Drafter B picks someone who falls under Clause Z
    Drafter C picks a player who reached 100 wickets after his 25th test
    Drafter D picks someone who falls under Clause X,

    And so on and so forth.

    Because each drafter has to use each clause once, the challenge is to figure out which clauses have quality player pools so you can leave them for later, and which ones have not so many options of sufficient quality, or players you really want, so you have to move quicker with them.
    orz

  2. #1352
    International Captain Himannv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SL
    Posts
    6,237
    Sounds good. How many more clauses need to come in then?
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

  3. #1353
    International Debutant Jager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The land of Siddle
    Posts
    2,889
    So far: 7/10. Eds, myself and kingkallis are the ones who need to submit, plus whoever wins/comes second in the reserves.

    watson - boxing day century scorer
    Cevno - played FC cricket with a team starting with G (test player)
    Blakus - select a player who has not been selected in both previous drafts
    AZH - someone who bowled Bradman in tests
    Himannv - debut before WWII
    kyear - played test cricket in WI, England and Australia
    Monk - select a player with a test batting average of between 25 and 40
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

  4. #1354
    Eds
    Eds is offline
    International Debutant Eds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,178
    Select a player to debut post-WWII.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.


  5. #1355
    International Debutant Jager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The land of Siddle
    Posts
    2,889
    I want to do my clause as "select a female test cricketer". I won't though, it would be too difficult since I'd assume not many people are familiar with women's cricket

  6. #1356
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    44,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I want to do my clause as "select a female test cricketer". I won't though, it would be too difficult since I'd assume not many people are familiar with women's cricket
    Haha that would've been gun.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

    Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a man’s right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of one’s own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain one’s life and to keep the results of one’s own efforts.


  7. #1357
    International Captain Himannv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SL
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I want to do my clause as "select a female test cricketer". I won't though, it would be too difficult since I'd assume not many people are familiar with women's cricket
    I don't know much about women's cricket but you should do it imo. Might be fun.

  8. #1358
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,412
    It would be fun, but would a women player impact on the standing of the team, or make any difference to the final outcome? Without trying to be nasty, Zoe Goss would be lucky to last an over if she had to face up to Curtly Ambrose at full tilt. May as well have a 10 man team

    But as a learning exercise, it would be good.
    Len Hutton - Jack Hobbs - Ted Dexter - Peter May - Walter Hammond - Frank Woolley - Ian Botham - Alan Knott - Hedley Verity - John Snow - Fred Trueman

    Victor Trumper - Bill Lawry - Don Bradman - Greg Chappell - Allan Border - Keith Miller - Adam Gilchrist - Alan Davidson - Shane Warne - Dennis Lillee - Glenn McGrath

  9. #1359
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    44,180
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    It would be fun, but would a women player impact on the standing of the team, or make any difference to the final outcome? Without trying to be nasty, Zoe Goss would be lucky to last an over if she had to face up to Curtly Ambrose at full tilt. May as well have a 10 man team

    But as a learning exercise, it would be good.
    You'd have to pick your player type though; it'd be part of the fun. The difference in standard between female offspinners or wicket keepers and their male equivalents would probably be less than the difference in standard between fast bowlers for example.

  10. #1360
    The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    So far: 7/10. Eds, myself and kingkallis are the ones who need to submit, plus whoever wins/comes second in the reserves.

    watson - boxing day century scorer
    Cevno - played FC cricket with a team starting with G (test player)
    Blakus - select a player who has not been selected in both previous drafts
    AZH - someone who bowled Bradman in tests
    Himannv - debut before WWII
    kyear - played test cricket in WI, England and Australia
    Monk - select a player with a test batting average of between 25 and 40
    Does this mean played only in WI, Eng and Aust, or played in the three countries at least, and possibly in others as well?

    Keen as for this to start, trying to think tactically. Great concept.

  11. #1361
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,412
    Not just any Boxing Day Test match - A century at a Melbourne Boxing Day Test Match
    Last edited by watson; 13-09-2012 at 03:21 AM.

  12. #1362
    The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    Not just any Boxing Day Test match - A century at a Melbourne Boxing Day Test Match
    Do South Africa have cricket on Boxing Day as well?

  13. #1363
    International Debutant Jager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The land of Siddle
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Does this mean played only in WI, Eng and Aust, or played in the three countries at least, and possibly in others as well?

    Keen as for this to start, trying to think tactically. Great concept.
    Good question, will have to chase kyear up on that!

  14. #1364
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,412
    Australia, South Africa, and New Zealand all have Boxing Day Test matches. Even India has had the occasional Boxing day Test match (eg Kolkata 1987).
    Last edited by watson; 13-09-2012 at 07:15 AM.

  15. #1365
    International Debutant Jager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The land of Siddle
    Posts
    2,889
    kyear to clear up his clause. Marcuss, kk and Eds to submit, then we're on our way



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Draft threads
    By Richard in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 27-05-2014, 06:26 PM
  2. Biggest plodders in international cricket history.
    By Camel56 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 26-07-2010, 03:34 PM
  3. Surrey 2002: A Cricket Captain Diary
    By SIX AND OUT in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-02-2005, 09:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •