• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

watson

Banned
That reminds me, I was going to ask Andy who is going to open his bowling out of Lillee, Trueman and Lindwall?

Imagine the captain trying to get the ball out of Fred's hand saying: "No Fred, I giving the opening overs to Dennis and Ray"

Eds

International Debutant
It's Cevno's go again, btw. Do we skip him automatically and go to Cabinet?

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I've already teared out all my hairs thinking of the opening bowling combo:unsure:; settled for first up with Lindwall as his brisk outswingers will really cause trouble up front with new ball, having nightmare who to pair with- any suggestions?

watson

Banned
It's Cevno's go again, btw. Do we skip him automatically and go to Cabinet?
The rules are a tad ambiguous;

First draft rules
ATG test draft, players must have played at least one test match.
No Bradman.
There is a 12 hour selection zone before you are skipped. You still choose at any time, but the draft continues and you may miss out on players.
We will have twelve rounds. Your 12th pick does not have to be your 12th man.
A new thread will go up on Cricket Chat where everyone votes on three different teams, which is how we will determine the winners, point-scorers etc.
Giving Cevno another 12 hours because it's a new round, or bypassing him again because he has gone missing for 12 hours are both logical.

Jager's call as it's his gig.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
I've already teared out all my hairs thinking of the opening bowling combo:unsure:; settled for first up with Lindwall as his brisk outswingers will really cause trouble up front with new ball, having nightmare who to pair with- any suggestions?
Draw straws?

Jager

International Debutant
The draft continues without Cevno unfortunately, so watson's double pick here.

P.S go Trueman and Lindwall.

Jager

International Debutant
My apologies, didn't see that we were actually back at Cevno. Give him another 12!

R1
kingkallis- Garfield Sobers
Himannv- Imran Khan
Marcuss- Adam Gilchrist
Cabinet96- Keith Miller
Eds- Malcolm Marshall
Cevno- Richard Hadlee
Blakus- Vivian Richards
MrPrez- Jaques Kallis
watson- Glenn McGrath
Jager- Curtly Ambrose
AndyZaltzHair- Dennis Lillee
kyear2- Jack Hobbs

R2
kyear2- Shane Warne
AndyZaltzHair- Fred Trueman
Jager- Sachin Tendulkar
watson- Michael Holding
MrPrez- Muttiah Muralitharan
Blakus- Sydney Barnes
Cevno- Wasim Akram
Eds- Brian Lara
Cabinet96- Len Hutton
Marcuss- Bill O'Reilly
Himannv- Alan Davidson
kingkallis- Wally Hammond

R3
Jager- Waqar Younis
kyear2- Allan Donald
Himannv- George Headley
AndyZaltzHair- Ray Lindwall
Eds- Joel Garner
Marcuss- Aubrey Faulkner
kingkallis- Dale Steyn
Blakus- Graeme Pollock
Cabinet96- Clyde Walcott
Cevno- Shaun Pollock
MrPrez- Mike Procter
watson- Andy Roberts

R4
watson- Greg Chappell
MrPrez- Victor Trumper
Cevno- Andrew Flower
Cabinet96-
Blakus-
kingkallis-
Marcuss-
Eds-
AndyZaltzHair-
Himannv-
kyear2-
Jager-

R5
AndyZaltzHair-
kyear2-
Blakus-
Jager-
Cabinet96-
Marcuss-
Cevno-
MrPrez-
watson-
kingkallis-
Himannv-
Eds-

R6
Eds-
Himannv-
kingkallis-
watson-
MrPrez-
Cevno-
Marcuss-
Cabinet96-
Jager-
Blakus-
kyear2-
AndyZaltzHair-

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
Lillee would certainly be fired up by not being allowed to open, and I think of all the leg-cutters throughout history his was perhaps the most deadly. Lindwall and Trueman would benefit the most from the new ball swinging!

P.S Trueman has a magnificent action, I really love it. Larwood still the best though.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Lillee would certainly be fired up by not being allowed to open, and I think of all the leg-cutters throughout history his was perhaps the most deadly. Lindwall and Trueman would benefit the most from the new ball swinging!

P.S Trueman has a magnificent action, I really love it. Larwood still the best though.
Lillee would be extremely unhappy:ph34r: but due to more exploitation of seam/swing upfront, Lindwall and Trueman might be the right choice

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Thanks kyear. But choosing Roberts to open the bowling with Holding isn't exactly rocket science.

It was more difficult choosing between a great Opener and a great Middle-Order batsman.