Page 75 of 220 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3288

Thread: CW Draft League

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Outsider here but Marcuss/Cevno being right royally screwed over here.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Basically, if I understand it. Youre making me pick my round 8 player in round 10 and round 9 in round 11. Which is in no way fair. I missed a few selections and should be entitled to make them as soon as possible, such is the case in any other draft in order to catch up. I effectively made three round 10 picks. 2 of which passed. Yet I'm not allowed them? Makes no sense.
    I understand your point here, seems that general consensus is that it's unfair too. Could I give you your third pick and announce it here to resolve the issue around that, and then you send a double selection this round?

I have tried to do the right thing by everyone, sure I might have made a mistake in some people's eyes but I did the exact same thing for MrPrez when he missed a pick and there was no problems there. The only difference is that you missed two rounds instead of one
    Last edited by Jager; 14-08-2012 at 07:58 AM.
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

International Vice-Captain watson's Avatar
    Round 11 - Sent
    "Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong" - Oscar Wilde

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Sent for Round 11
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    Great team as usuall Eds
    Last edited by kyear2; 14-08-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    Aus. XI
    Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2

W.I. XI
    Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4

S.A. XI
    Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Waite+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2

Eng. XI
    Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    The big problem with this is that when everyone picks together, it is a fair competition for all because you don't know if your player will be taken and therefore may need to pick differently to ensure you get good players. If you have the privilege of making 'uninhibited' selections (despite making them later than others) then you can easily get any player still available without being challenged for him.

Since there's always selections being made, if you were to make one of these 'invincible' selections whilst someone else selected him at the same time, it would be unfair to knock back the other player and tell them to go pick someone else - the whole concept of the draft is to remove players from the draft pool.

You can get a player in R11, then in R11.2 etc. because they are considered rounds, so it'd not that much of a drawback. In running the draft, I have to make sure it's fair for the majority of people, I can't completely cater for one person just because they timed out (even if it would make things easier for me). 24-hour minimum time periods are double that of a normal draft so it's not like the time constraints are impossible, everyone else has been managing in 6-12 hours easily
    Theyre not invincible picks. As can be seen by Hanif Mohammad. The fact is I had to pick one player two rounds late, one player a round late and one on time. But that isn't enough punishment? You're forcing me to wait even longer.
    When picking when I did I had three times as much.chance of clashing as anyone else. That's enough risk imo. Couples with the fact that these picks are being picked after better players have already been selected.

Take a consistent approach like earlier in the draft. I had to make a double selection. I clashed with one (the earlier round) so rightfully didn't get that player but I still got Lloyd as he was unchallenged when I repicked.

I didn't even complain about time periods. But now you bring them up, in a normal draft you're expected to be on once in a 12 hour period per round. Not once every 12 hours.

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyear2 View Post
    Great team as usuall
    I know, I always assemble a great team. Thanks anyways!
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

24 hour first rounds are reasonable. If I remember correctly, you got Lloyd in a segmented round after the other player (in a 7.2-type situation) but I may be wrong. I thought you were after invincible picks tbh - the way I was doing it was that you could nominate two players for a round and if you got the first one, in the re-picking rounds you'd also get the other.

Anyway, I'll give you Willis and it shall all be sorted.

You'll need to double-pick this round though.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkallis View Post
    I know, I always assemble a great team. Thanks anyways!
    another strong team kk. In top form at the moment

Sutcliffe
    -

Jackson
    Waugh
    Lloyd
    Knott
    Imran
    Tayfield
    Willis
    Trueman

Tournaments Won: 1
    Trumper
    Woodfull
    Hammond
    Tendulkar
    Hazare
    Gibbs
    Healy
    Kumble

Spofforth
    Thomson

It'll be interesting to see how Gibbs is received - I selected him because
    a) He fills a number 6 role perfectly for me - hugely talented and likes to play his strokes. There is less pressure at no.6 and he'd thrive there imo.
    b) he's a high-class fielder and my team was lacking in that department.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

Tournaments Won: 1
    c) he replied to me on twitter when I told him I picked him at no6 in an all time draft

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar

Abbott's XI

1. Sunil Gavaskar
    2. Roy Fredericks
    3. Ian Chappell (c)
    4. Brian Lara
    5. Keith Miller (vc)
    6. Michael Clarke
    7. Frank Woolley
    8. Kapil Dev
    10. John Snow
    11. Derek Underwood
    “I shiver, thinking how easy it is to be totally wrong about people - to see one tiny part of them and confuse it for the whole, to see the cause and think it’s the effect or vice versa.”

International Vice-Captain watson's Avatar
    If Marcuss didn't enter players for Rounds 8 and 9 then he needed to enter 3 players for Round 10. In other words there should have been 14 players in total up for Voodoo during the initial 24 hour period of Round 10.

If Marcuss missed the intial 24 hour period during Round 10 then he needed to enter 4 players for Round 11, and there should have been 15 players in total up for Voodoo during the initial 24 hour period of Round 11.

It goes without saying that a player cannot be entered for the first time during any 12 hour period after the initial 24 hour cut-off. That player should be held back to the beginning of the next Round. That concept fulls into the category of the blinding obvious.

All the above rules were specifed by Jager during one of the early Rounds without contention by anybody except that one person complained that they were too generous.

Therefore, I really don't know why Marcuss feels ripped-off, or what even the problem is
    Last edited by watson; 14-08-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    @Valer I tried to get Yousuf voodooed (at the same time, still delighted to get him) and was planning on picking up a new favourite player of mine in the reselection rounds, but it appears Marcuss is going to get him now
    Who, out of curiosity?

Thread Information