• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Sent.

Must say some of these clauses are down right ridiculous.
I sent mine. I think some of them look good, should be interesting I reckon. Tactics will be needed.

Are we going to draw the clauses randomly as we go, or have a set order before we begin? Either way, I get the feeling the last few rounds could be tricky!

Agent TBY

International Captain
Is that based on who has the number one draft pick for that particular round?
Each drafter chooses their own clause that they want to use in that round. Let's say some of the clauses are as follows:

- Pick a player who has played under the captaincy of Mike Denness
- Pick a player born after 1960 who has never played a game against Sachin Tendulkar in any format
- Pick a bowler who took more than 25 tests to reach 100 wickets
- Clause X
- Clause Y
- Clause Z

Drafter A picks a player who has played under Mike Denness.
Drafter B picks a player who reached 100 wickets after his 25th test
Drafter C picks someone who has never played Tendulkar in any format at any level
Drafter D picks someone who falls under Clause Z

Next round,

Drafter A picks someone who has never played Tendulkar in any format at any level
Drafter B picks someone who falls under Clause Z
Drafter C picks a player who reached 100 wickets after his 25th test
Drafter D picks someone who falls under Clause X,

And so on and so forth.

Because each drafter has to use each clause once, the challenge is to figure out which clauses have quality player pools so you can leave them for later, and which ones have not so many options of sufficient quality, or players you really want, so you have to move quicker with them.

Jager

International Debutant
So far: 7/10. Eds, myself and kingkallis are the ones who need to submit, plus whoever wins/comes second in the reserves.

watson - boxing day century scorer
Cevno - played FC cricket with a team starting with G (test player)
Blakus - select a player who has not been selected in both previous drafts
AZH - someone who bowled Bradman in tests
Himannv - debut before WWII
kyear - played test cricket in WI, England and Australia
Monk - select a player with a test batting average of between 25 and 40

Jager

International Debutant
I want to do my clause as "select a female test cricketer". I won't though, it would be too difficult since I'd assume not many people are familiar with women's cricket

Himannv

International Coach
I want to do my clause as "select a female test cricketer". I won't though, it would be too difficult since I'd assume not many people are familiar with women's cricket
I don't know much about women's cricket but you should do it imo. Might be fun.

watson

Banned
It would be fun, but would a women player impact on the standing of the team, or make any difference to the final outcome? Without trying to be nasty, Zoe Goss would be lucky to last an over if she had to face up to Curtly Ambrose at full tilt. May as well have a 10 man team :ph34r:

But as a learning exercise, it would be good.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It would be fun, but would a women player impact on the standing of the team, or make any difference to the final outcome? Without trying to be nasty, Zoe Goss would be lucky to last an over if she had to face up to Curtly Ambrose at full tilt. May as well have a 10 man team :ph34r:

But as a learning exercise, it would be good.
You'd have to pick your player type though; it'd be part of the fun. The difference in standard between female offspinners or wicket keepers and their male equivalents would probably be less than the difference in standard between fast bowlers for example.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
So far: 7/10. Eds, myself and kingkallis are the ones who need to submit, plus whoever wins/comes second in the reserves.

watson - boxing day century scorer
Cevno - played FC cricket with a team starting with G (test player)
Blakus - select a player who has not been selected in both previous drafts
AZH - someone who bowled Bradman in tests
Himannv - debut before WWII
kyear - played test cricket in WI, England and Australia
Monk - select a player with a test batting average of between 25 and 40
Does this mean played only in WI, Eng and Aust, or played in the three countries at least, and possibly in others as well?

Keen as for this to start, trying to think tactically. Great concept.