• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Jager

International Debutant
Sorry mate, the amount of high-quality players that are still around at round 12 will make it unfair still.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
What about whoever selects Bradman automatically has to select history's worst test cricketer to have played more than five tests (I'm not sure who that would be....) :)

Valer

First Class Debutant
Sorry mate, the amount of high-quality players that are still around at round 12 will make it unfair still.
Awata.

Going from say

Richards Hobbs (both r1 of the 1st draft)

to say

Bradman Laxman (not picked in the current draft -- I'd expect to see a similar degree of reduction in the next draft) is a bit of a no brainer.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
So does no one the disadvantage of missing your second round pick? Bradman with little support around him is no guarenteed win. With Bradman as your first round pick and no second you miss out on all of the elite bolwers, pace and spin but I will go with the consensus.

Eds

International Debutant
Easier and fairer to just remove him IMO.

Meanwhile, are we sending in our ideas for clauses now, or after voting finishes?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Have we considered using the results from the draft to set the order for the first round for the next draft? As fair a way as any. Also a reward for winning the previous draft. The first draft pick.

Jager

International Debutant
Have we considered using the results from the draft to set the order for the first round for the next draft? As fair a way as any. Also a reward for winning the previous draft. The first draft pick.
I'm always going to randomise it to give the new promotions a better shot.

I am back from my holiday now, so if you're confident you're going to stay up in the top flight you can throw your ideas my way (VM please)

watson

Banned
I'm always going to randomise it to give the new promotions a better shot.

I am back from my holiday now, so if you're confident you're going to stay up in the top flight you can throw your ideas my way (VM please)
Scuse ignorance. But what does VM stand for?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So does no one the disadvantage of missing your second round pick? Bradman with little support around him is no guarenteed win. With Bradman as your first round pick and no second you miss out on all of the elite bolwers, pace and spin but I will go with the consensus.
In reality this would make sense but I definitely think people are more inclined to vote for teams with Bradman as they see it as such an easy tie-break in their own minds.

watson

Banned
Bit confused. Is it one clause per round and each player decides the clause for one round?
This is the way I assume the Draft to work:

There are 12 Clauses.

When it is your turn to pick you nominate one of those 12 Clauses and then pick an appropriate player for the Round.

You cannot use the same Clause more than once.

The12 Clauses have no set order.

Is that what you are trying to say Himannv?

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
Correct watson - so each player contributes their own clause, which then has to be used once by every player at some stage during the draft.

Himannv

International Coach
This is the way I assume the Draft to work:

There are 12 Clauses.

When it is your turn to pick you nominate one of those 12 Clauses and then pick an appropriate player for the Round.

You cannot use the same Clause more than once.

The12 Clauses have no set order.

Is that what you are trying to say Himannv?
Yeah more or less. Do we pick the clause from a predefined list or do we come up with them on the fly?