Page 5 of 220 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: CW Draft League

Quote Originally Posted by kyear2 View Post
    awta.

No one is up there with Sobers, only Bradman and that is as a batsman alone. Warne is just in that level below, and for me followed by Marshall. Hobbs and Richards.
    Imran is very close to Sobers in my opinion. In my ATG all time team I'd have both, Sobers as a batting AR and Imran as a bowling AR. Imran clearly the better bowler, and Sobers clearly the better bat.

Hobbs
    Gavaskar
    Bradman
    Hammond
    Sobers
    Gilchrist
    Imran
    Warne
    Marshall
    Lillee
    O'Reilly
    Last edited by Monk; 30-06-2012 at 08:20 PM.

The taboo draft's finished except for one selection and the quick ATG test draft is almost over too, so all good to continue.

R1
    kingkallis- Garfield Sobers
    Himannv- Imran Khan
    Marcuss- Adam Gilchrist
    Cabinet96- Keith Miller
    Eds- Malcolm Marshall
    Cevno-
    Blakus-
    MrPrez-
    watson-
    Jager-
    AndyZaltzHair-
    kyear2-

R2
    kyear2-
    AndyZaltzHair-
    Jager-
    watson-
    MrPrez-
    Blakus-
    Cevno-
    Eds-
    Cabinet96-
    Marcuss-
    Himannv-
    kingkallis-
    Last edited by Jager; 01-07-2012 at 03:25 PM.
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Impressed that you noticed the points format Nuf, as a huge F1 fan myself, it's what I based it on.

I was wondering the same thing myself, whether people will choose players entirely to win votes. I'll definitely change things around with the formats we run, but I was thinking that we return every three or four rounds to the classic format just to keep it grounded.

Do you want a slot in the reserves, Nuf?
    Yeah I used to play F1 heaps on PS1 when the point scoring was using that formula. Its a better system compared to the current one with points for the top 10, I guess it rewards reliability more this way and gives the weaker teams more of an opportunity, but I digress.

Mate, I'll give it a miss (slot in the reserves). I enjoy the end product of the drafts, but hate the waiting between picks. I will check in though a bit and vote on the best teams and give my 2 cents.

BTW re: Bradman, why don't you make him as a bit of a wildcard or something? So everyone has the opportunity to select The Don but if they do it means that their next pick is skipped and they automatically get the last pick of the game or something along those lines. It makes it interesting this way - I doubt everyone will sacrifice a round 2 pick just to get Bradman in round 1..

Also if I was creating a draft - I would exclude every single cricketer named in a prior draft.

Four hours have passed since I declared the draft open again, so Marcuss has eight hours to make his pick.

Adam Gilchrist

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    **** sake Marcuss.

Keith Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    **** sake Marcuss.

Keith Miller
    Jager will be unhappy.

Eds
    Only fair I take the greatest bowler to have ever lived, with the first bowler pick.

9. Malcolm Marshall
    Last edited by Eds; 01-07-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

That's a great picture

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Was stuck between Marshall and Miller for my first pick. Decided that Miller would be the more beneficial for the balance of the side though.

International Vice-Captain watson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Imran is very close to Sobers in my opinion. In my ATG all time team I'd have both, Sobers as a batting AR and Imran as a bowling AR. Imran clearly the better bowler, and Sobers clearly the better bat.

Hobbs
    Gavaskar
    Bradman
    Hammond
    Sobers
    Gilchrist
    Imran
    Warne
    Marshall
    Lillee
    O'Reilly
    I've been going through Imran's stats and I'm struggling to find a Test Match where he succeeded with BOTH bat and ball. For example, a total of a 100 runs and several wickets over 5 days. I'm not saying he didn't, but rather I just can't find an example.

Allrounders should score plenty of runs and take plenty of wickets in the same game to be classified as 'Great' in my opinion. Like Sobers, Botham, Kapil Dev, Miller....
    Last edited by watson; 01-07-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    PRE WWI
    Grace-Trumper-Hill-Taylor-Ranjitsinhji-Faulkner-Noble-Lilley-Turner-Richardson-Barnes
    PRE WWII
    Hobbs-Sutcliffe-Bradman-Hammond-Headley-Macartney-Ames-Gregory-Larwood-O'Reilly-Grimmett
    POST WWII
    Hutton-Simpson-Kanhai-Pollock-Harvey-Sobers-Waite-Benaud-Davidson-Lindwall-Trueman
    PACKER ERA
    Gavaskar-Greenidge-Richards-Chappell-Lloyd-Botham-Imran-Knott-Lillee-Holding-Underwood
    MODERN ERA
    Hayden-Langer-Ponting-Tendulkar-Lara-Kallis-Gilchrist-Marshall-Warne-Ambrose-McGrath

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    I've been going through Imran's stats and I'm struggling to find a Test Match where he succeeded with BOTH bat and ball. For example, a total of a 100 runs and several wickets over 5 days. I'm not saying he didn't, but rather I just can't find an example.

Allrounders should score plenty of runs and take plenty of wickets in the same game to be classified as 'Great' in my opinion. Like Sobers, Botham, Kapil Dev, Miller....
    I can't remember the exact time period, but if you isolate the period of Imran's career between 1981-92-ish, his batting average is 50 and his bowling average is 19 (and that's over 55 tests). That's unbelievable I reckon.

All-round records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

That too and sometimes the impact he had on opposition and the team itself; just a mere presence of Imran could have been a great lift

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    I can't remember the exact time period, but if you isolate the period of Imran's career between 1981-92-ish, his batting average is 50 and his bowling average is 19 (and that's over 55 tests). That's unbelievable I reckon.
    Indeed it is, but even in that period it can be split between batting well and not bowling or bowling well and not batting.

All time great bowler who could bat 8, yes, but all rounder, no.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Page 5 of 220 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread Information