Cricket Player Manager
Page 45 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 3288

Thread: CW Draft League

  1. #661
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Am I the only one who sees a problem with Jager running this and being involved?
    Well, we have to trust Jager that he will pick before everyone else and then stick to his player without altering his choice half way through the Round.

    I guess we have to be optimistic about Jager's character.

    I don't have a problem with being optimistic about Jager's character.
    Len Hutton - Jack Hobbs - Ted Dexter - Peter May - Walter Hammond - Frank Woolley - Ian Botham - Alan Knott - Hedley Verity - John Snow - Fred Trueman

    Victor Trumper - Bill Lawry - Don Bradman - Greg Chappell - Allan Border - Keith Miller - Adam Gilchrist - Alan Davidson - Shane Warne - Dennis Lillee - Glenn McGrath

  2. #662
    International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    w.i
    Posts
    4,269
    He said he was going to pick first, so I will trust him. No problem with it.
    Aus. XI
    Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2


    W.I. XI
    Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4

    S.A. XI
    Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Cameron+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2

    Eng. XI
    Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3

  3. #663
    International Debutant Jager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The land of Siddle
    Posts
    2,889
    Honour code applies. I make my pick before I receive anyone's selections and stick with it, even if it might be a disaster to do so.
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

  4. #664
    State 12th Man Valer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    -
    Posts
    772
    Sent. Wasn't paying attention, will be swift/ ontime now.


  5. #665
    State 12th Man Valer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    -
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Valer timing out: $1.25
    Prez timing out: $1.02
    Poor betting given I've had 0 draft timeouts.

  6. #666
    International Debutant Jager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The land of Siddle
    Posts
    2,889
    An astonishing first round. Some worrying moments as I watched all the results come in.

    R1.1
    Jager:
    AndyZaltzHair:
    Eds:
    watson: Sydney Barnes
    kingkallis: Dennis Lillee
    Monk: Keith Miller
    Blakus:
    Himannv:
    Cevno: Imran Khan
    kyear2: Malcolm Marshall
    MrPrez: Wally Hammond
    Valer:

    Voodoo: Garfield Sobers, Richard Hadlee, Donald Bradman

    If your name has no player next to it, then time to pick again. Voodoo players are off-limits for the rest of the game.

  7. #667
    State 12th Man Valer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    -
    Posts
    772
    ....
    Last edited by Valer; 02-08-2012 at 02:41 AM. Reason: See question

  8. #668
    International Debutant Jager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The land of Siddle
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    Well, we have to trust Jager that he will pick before everyone else and then stick to his player without altering his choice half way through the Round.

    I guess we have to be optimistic about Jager's character.

    I don't have a problem with being optimistic about Jager's character.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyear2 View Post
    He said he was going to pick first, so I will trust him. No problem with it.
    Cheers for the faith in me!

  9. #669
    International Debutant Jager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The land of Siddle
    Posts
    2,889
    Himannv, AZH, Eds and Blakus to come.

  10. #670
    State 12th Man Valer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    -
    Posts
    772
    Are we allowed to disclose our blacklisted picks?

  11. #671
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Himannv, AZH, Eds and Blakus to come.
    Just to state the obvious - there's no point e-mailing you our Round#2 picks until Himannv, AZH, Eds and Blakus have sorted their players for Round#1 ?
    Last edited by watson; 02-08-2012 at 02:57 AM.

  12. #672
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    An astonishing first round. Some worrying moments as I watched all the results come in.

    R1.1
    Jager:
    AndyZaltzHair:
    Eds:
    watson: Sydney Barnes
    kingkallis: Dennis Lillee
    Monk: Keith Miller
    Blakus:
    Himannv:
    Cevno: Imran Khan
    kyear2: Malcolm Marshall
    MrPrez: Wally Hammond
    Valer:

    Voodoo: Garfield Sobers, Richard Hadlee, Donald Bradman

    If your name has no player next to it, then time to pick again. Voodoo players are off-limits for the rest of the game.
    A fairly predictable round IMO as Bradman and Sobers both gonski. The only moderate surprise is that 2 people didn't clash re Malcolm Marshall.

    kyear2 is off to a flyer!

  13. #673
    International Debutant Jager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The land of Siddle
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Valer View Post
    Are we allowed to disclose our blacklisted picks?
    Yeah, I see no problem with it really.

    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    A fairly predictable round IMO as Bradman and Sobers both gonski.
    Bradman was the last player to enter the blacklist though, so although the predictable did happen, it happened in an unpredictable way

  14. #674
    The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,331
    My thought process went,

    "I won't pick Bradman, because SURELY someone else will pick him, but then again, what if everyone else thinks, 'I won't pick Bradman, because SURELY someone else will pick him', and then no one picks him and I could have had him but missed out, then again everyone might be thinking the same and going for other players hoping to consolidate the best players other than Bradman, and I could have him. But maybe no one will go for Sobers for the same reasons, and so I should go for him instead.....

    But, I'm going to be a weakling and go for Miller instead....."



    In the end, very happy to secure Miller for the first time in a CW draft, as he will provide plenty of balance for my side.

  15. #675
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    My thought process went,

    "I won't pick Bradman, because SURELY someone else will pick him, but then again, what if everyone else thinks, 'I won't pick Bradman, because SURELY someone else will pick him', and then no one picks him and I could have had him but missed out, then again everyone might be thinking the same and going for other players hoping to consolidate the best players other than Bradman, and I could have him. But maybe no one will go for Sobers for the same reasons, and so I should go for him instead.....

    But, I'm going to be a weakling and go for Miller instead....."



    In the end, very happy to secure Miller for the first time in a CW draft, as he will provide plenty of balance for my side.
    Yeah, my thoughts entirely, but just substitute the word Miller with SF Barnes.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Draft threads
    By Richard in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 27-05-2014, 06:26 PM
  2. Biggest plodders in international cricket history.
    By Camel56 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 26-07-2010, 03:34 PM
  3. Surrey 2002: A Cricket Captain Diary
    By SIX AND OUT in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-02-2005, 09:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •