• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Jager

International Debutant
Overview
I am looking for eleven other players to participate in a 12-man draft league. The concept is that we draft teams in different formats just like Monk's 'quick ATG draft', for example. At the end the selection period, we vote on the best team (everyone is welcome to vote), with each person contributing three votes each. Eventually, we can distinguish who the best drafter on CW is. There will be a twelve hour pick limit. I am also considering relegation, where the last and/or second last finishers/championship contenders make way for other players waiting to join, but this is something I would like feedback on. The first round will be a classical, standard ATG Test draft.

Points format
First place: 10
Second place: 6
Third place: 4
Fourth: 3
Fifth: 2
Sixth: 1

Any suggestions as to how I can improve the draft, such as the amount of players, styles of draft, points format etc. are welcome!

So, anyone in?

Players
Jager
Cabinet96
Himannv
kyear2
watson
Eds
MrPrez
Cevno
kingkallis
AndyZaltzHair
Blakus
Marcuss

morgieb*
Monk*
rvd619323*

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
Would people mind if I reserved a spot for watson? He has already indicated his interest and I feel like it's the right thing to do.

Jager

International Debutant
Agreed, he is one of our most enthusiastic drafters. He's in, so we now have five players. Is 12 a good amount? What do you think about relegation?

Eds

International Debutant
Definitely interested.

Need some clarification on the draft itself, though. Is it just a straight ATG draft? Bradman allowed?

Jager

International Debutant
The first draft will be a 'pure draft', one that is not affected by any special rules (taboo, auction etc.), but Bradman will be banned. I will randomise the order and reverse it for the second round, then randomise the order again every second round.

I have an idea for a different type of draft, which I am calling a 'secret draft'. I'll run it by everyone soon, I'll need to think it out more thoroughly.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Bradman should be included. Selecting him doesn't ever automatically win any one a draft and he played the game just like every one else.
Please include the Don.

Eds

International Debutant
Including the Don doesn't test out drafting skills though. He's so far ahead of second place that it creates such a heavy luck element that you don't want for something like this.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
At least put it up for a vote.
Also every time we ban the Don, Sobers or rarely Imran goes first. Do we want to ban Sobers as well.
Personally if I had the first vote I wouldn't take Bradman, but thats probably just me.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Nah definitely not in favour of Bradman being in. It gives an unfair advantage to the guy who gets first pick because, like Eds said, Bradman was so far ahead anyone else available. Picking Bradman first involves little skill or tactical thinking, it's just an obvious easy pick. Bradman not being available makes it a better test of draft skills than luck of the draw.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
To me the argument about lack of creativity doesn't apply because it is just one pick, most of the top five is predictable as well, its lower in the drat where knowledge, stratagy and skill kicks in.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Nah, Bradman is a huge advantage. There are a few obvious opening picks, but they are all around the same level. Bradman is at another level completely.