• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I don't mean to be a prick, but I think if you miss an entire round in this format, you should have to wait until the completion of the comp (11 or 12 rounds) to select again, rather than getting two selections in the next round.

Just seems fairer than giving someone who misses a round two chances in the next one. You really only have to check in once or twice a day and email Jager once or twice a day....

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why? In any other draft you get to make your pick at the next available opportunity.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't mean to be a prick, but I think if you miss an entire round in this format, you should have to wait until the completion of the comp (11 or 12 rounds) to select again, rather than getting two selections in the next round.

Just seems fairer than giving someone who misses a round two chances in the next one. You really only have to check in once or twice a day and email Jager once or twice a day....
Way too harsh, and after all its supposed to be all in fun.

Red

As I said, didn't mean to be a prick! :)

I think that in this format, two selections in a round gives you a distinct advantage for that particular round. In a "normal" draft, if you time out you might miss an opportunity to secure a player if someone takes him before you, so there is a slight penalty for being late. In this one, seeing all things are equal at the commencement of each round, having two picks in one round effectively doubles your chances for that round of securing a player. If you want a spinner, you can choose the best and second best available, and you have a higher chance of securing one or the other, than other players who haven't missed a round. It seems a reward for missing a round almost.

Just my thoughts, it seems like as we progress there could be a distinct advantage in missing a round then having two picks in the following round. I don't mind either way, but yeh...

And I understand it's meant to be fun....not trying to make it un-fun!

Last edited:

Eds

International Debutant

I think that in this format, two selections in a round gives you a distinct advantage for that particular round. In a "normal" draft, if you time out you might miss an opportunity to secure a player if someone takes him before you, so there is a slight penalty for being late. In this one, seeing all things are equal at the commencement of each round, having two picks in one round effectively doubles your chances for that round of securing a player. If you want a spinner, you can choose the best and second best available, and you have a higher chance of securing one or the other, than other players who haven't missed a round. It seems a reward for missing a round almost.

Just my thoughts, it seems like as we progress there could be a distinct advantage in missing a round then having two picks in the following round. I don't mind either way, but yeh...

This is a very good point, all things considered. Hadn't really thought of it this way, but it makes sense.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Make it so both players have to pass.
If somebody has to pick two players then they have to nominate Player A and Player B.
For those picking one player, they're all effectively picking Player As.

Jager will firstly consider all Player As in the usual manner and then he will consider Player B from the twice-picking player against all other pickers.

Example. Alan, Brad and Colin (Brad picking twice).

1-
A - Neil Harvey
B - Chris Pringle, Neil Harvey
C - Chris Pringle

2-
A - Neil Harvey
B - Michael Slater, Mark Boucher
C - Mark Boucher

3-
A - Neil Harvey
B - Michael Slater, Archie Jackson
C - Mark Boucher

Final-

B]A - Neil Harvey[/B]
B - Michael Slater, Archie Jackson
C - Mark Boucher

watson

Banned

I may be missing something, but I don't see how. If delaying your selection was a distinct advantage then I'd be selecting the whole team at once during Round 11.

Red

I may be missing something, but I don't see how. If delaying your selection was a distinct advantage then I'd be selecting the whole team at once during Round 11.
I see your point. I phrased it wrong. Missing a round, and having two selections in the following round gives you a distinct advantage for that following round.

In this format, it is not a matter of simply "making up" a pick. It doubles your chance for a round. So rather than picking after your allocated time with a smaller pool of players to choose from (as in a standard draft where everyone sees everyone's selections), you are given a full pool of available players in a fresh round, with double the picks of other drafters. Sure, you may have missed on players in the previous round, but you now have a distinct advantage in the current round over other drafters, which to me seems a slightly unfair reward for missing a round....

watson

Banned
I see your point. I phrased it wrong. Missing a round, and having two selections in the following round gives you a distinct advantage for that following round.

In this format, it is not a matter of simply "making up" a pick. It doubles your chance for a round. So rather than picking after your allocated time with a smaller pool of players to choose from (as in a standard draft where everyone sees everyone's selections), you are given a full pool of available players in a fresh round, with double the picks of other drafters. Sure, you may have missed on players in the previous round, but you now have a distinct advantage in the current round over other drafters, which to me seems a slightly unfair reward for missing a round....
I never thought that we would need a statician while playing a Draft game. And I'm not a statician :blink:

However, the fact remains - the pool of avialable ATGs diminishes each Round whether you particpate or not. And that has to be a distinct disadvantage (?)

Red

I never thought that we would need a statician while playing a Draft game. And I'm not a statician :blink:

However, the fact remains - the pool of avialable ATGs diminishes each Round whether you particpate or not. And that has to be a distinct disadvantage (?)
True, and it doesn't bother me a heap. And I am most certainly not a statistician! Just struck me as slightly unfair...

Jager

International Debutant
R4.2 commences. 12 hour selection period here.

Jager: Jack Hobbs
AndyZaltzHair: Viv Richards
Eds: Shane Warne
watson: Sydney Barnes
kingkallis: Dennis Lillee
Monk: Keith Miller
Blakus: Adam Gilchrist
Himannv: Curtly Ambrose
Cevno: Imran Khan
kyear2: Malcolm Marshall
MrPrez: Wally Hammond
Valer: Muttiah Muralitharan

Jager: Mike Procter
Eds: Glenn McGrath
AndyZaltzHair: Jacques Kallis
Valer: Andy Flower
Blakus: Alan Davidson
watson: Ray Lindwall
kingkallis: Waqar Younis
MrPrez: Sachin Tendulkar
kyear2: Barry Richards
Monk: Brian Lara
Cevno: Fred Trueman
Himannv: Allan Donald

Jager: Dale Steyn
kyear2: Jim Laker
Eds: Graeme Pollock
Monk: John Snow
watson: Charlie Macartney
Valer: Courtney Walsh
kingkallis: Len Hutton
Himannv: Greg Chappell
Blakus: Ian Botham
AndyZaltzHair: Joel Garner
Cevno: -
MrPrez: Victor Trumper

Jager: Rahul Dravid
Eds:
Valer: Charlie Turner
kyear2: Ricky Ponting
kingkallis: Everton Weekes
AndyZaltzHair:
Monk: Sunil Gavaskar
MrPrez:
watson: Bill Lawry
Himannv: Frank Tyson
Cevno:
Blakus:

Voodoo: Garfield Sobers, Richard Hadlee, Donald Bradman, Bill O’Reilly, Wasim Akram, Clarrie Grimmett, George Headley, Shaun Pollock, Michael Holding, Andy Roberts

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
In regards to Prez's selections, he gave me two selections. His first one was awarded here and his second is now pending against everyone else who needs to pick now. Cevno needs to put up two selections as well, which I believe Marcuss is doing for him.

Jager

International Debutant
Jager's XI
1. Jack Hobbs
3. Rahul Dravid
8. Mike Procter
10. Dale Steyn