• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

watson

Banned
Am I the only one who sees a problem with Jager running this and being involved?
Well, we have to trust Jager that he will pick before everyone else and then stick to his player without altering his choice half way through the Round.

I guess we have to be optimistic about Jager's character.

I don't have a problem with being optimistic about Jager's character.

Jager

International Debutant
Honour code applies. I make my pick before I receive anyone's selections and stick with it, even if it might be a disaster to do so.

Jager

International Debutant
An astonishing first round. Some worrying moments as I watched all the results come in.

R1.1
Jager:
AndyZaltzHair:
Eds:
watson: Sydney Barnes
kingkallis: Dennis Lillee
Monk: Keith Miller
Blakus:
Himannv:
Cevno: Imran Khan
kyear2: Malcolm Marshall
MrPrez: Wally Hammond
Valer:

Voodoo: Garfield Sobers, Richard Hadlee, Donald Bradman

If your name has no player next to it, then time to pick again. Voodoo players are off-limits for the rest of the game.

Jager

International Debutant
Well, we have to trust Jager that he will pick before everyone else and then stick to his player without altering his choice half way through the Round.

I guess we have to be optimistic about Jager's character.

I don't have a problem with being optimistic about Jager's character.
He said he was going to pick first, so I will trust him. No problem with it.
Cheers for the faith in me!

watson

Banned
Himannv, AZH, Eds and Blakus to come.
Just to state the obvious - there's no point e-mailing you our Round#2 picks until Himannv, AZH, Eds and Blakus have sorted their players for Round#1 ?

Last edited:

watson

Banned
An astonishing first round. Some worrying moments as I watched all the results come in.

R1.1
Jager:
AndyZaltzHair:
Eds:
Blakus:
Himannv:
Valer:

Voodoo: Garfield Sobers, Richard Hadlee, Donald Bradman

If your name has no player next to it, then time to pick again. Voodoo players are off-limits for the rest of the game.
A fairly predictable round IMO as Bradman and Sobers both gonski. The only moderate surprise is that 2 people didn't clash re Malcolm Marshall.

kyear2 is off to a flyer!

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
My thought process went,

"I won't pick Bradman, because SURELY someone else will pick him, but then again, what if everyone else thinks, 'I won't pick Bradman, because SURELY someone else will pick him', and then no one picks him and I could have had him but missed out, then again everyone might be thinking the same and going for other players hoping to consolidate the best players other than Bradman, and I could have him. But maybe no one will go for Sobers for the same reasons, and so I should go for him instead.....

But, I'm going to be a weakling and go for Miller instead....."

In the end, very happy to secure Miller for the first time in a CW draft, as he will provide plenty of balance for my side.

watson

Banned
My thought process went,

"I won't pick Bradman, because SURELY someone else will pick him, but then again, what if everyone else thinks, 'I won't pick Bradman, because SURELY someone else will pick him', and then no one picks him and I could have had him but missed out, then again everyone might be thinking the same and going for other players hoping to consolidate the best players other than Bradman, and I could have him. But maybe no one will go for Sobers for the same reasons, and so I should go for him instead.....

In the end, very happy to secure Miller for the first time in a CW draft, as he will provide plenty of balance for my side.
Yeah, my thoughts entirely, but just substitute the word Miller with SF Barnes.

Jager

International Debutant
My thought process went,

:laugh:

Had everyone except one person gone for someone other than Bradman, I would have probably said that we all became a little too sneaky. Luckily we got away with it though, because having Bradman would give a side a clear advantage with batting.

Jager

International Debutant
Alright we managed to finish R1.2 very quickly! Time for R1.3. Himannv and Blakus to reselect.

R1.2
Jager: Jack Hobbs
AndyZaltzHair: Viv Richards
Eds: Shane Warne
Blakus:
Himannv: