• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Jager

International Debutant
Going with the voodoo draft this time. Then Eds' ideas round 3 and 4, peak draft will be very interesting especially

Jager

International Debutant
I am keen too! This voting week has taken forever :p

If the votes stay the same...

Eds- 10
kk- 5
kyear- 5
Jager- 3
AZH- 1.5
Blakus- 1.5

thanks Andy!

watson

Banned
It's not for me to say. I'm hanging on by a point.

It's really up to Cabinet96 and Marcuss to say whether they would like more time or not. That is, till Wednesday, 7pm Aussie Time.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
For what it's worth....

I've learned a lot about the history of cricket and the relative strengths of players since I've been in involved in Drafts.

Consequently, I've adjusted the two ATG World teams in my 'signature'. I think that they would play the closest and most exciting Test match in cricket history - if the impossible were achievable and they could all be reincarnated at their peak.

Jager

International Debutant
The voting period is over as of now, so here are the results! Congratulations to Eds for winning the first season. Monk and Valer will be joining us next season, but Marcuss and Cabinet96 will drop down for the time being. Eds’ squad become the first entrants into the Hall of Fame. I’d say it will take three or four rounds before someone can start calling themselves the best drafter, but Eds has a great start now.

Honour roll
Season one- Eds

Championship standings
Eds- 10
kingkallis- 5
kyear2- 5
Jager- 3
AndyZaltzHair- 1 ½
Blakus- 1 ½

Relegations
Marcuss
Cabinet96

Promotions from the reserves
Monk
Valer

Hall of Fame players
Barry Richards (1)
Gordon Greenidge (1)
Charlie Macartney (1)
Brian Lara (1)
AB De Villiers (1)
Frank Worrell* (1)
Jeff Dujon+ (1)
Kapil Dev (1)
Malcolm Marshall (1)
Hugh Tayfield (1)
Joel Garner (1)
Eddie Barlow (1)

Total votes
Eds- 15
kingkallis- 8
kyear2- 8
Jager- 7
AndyZaltzHair- 5
Blakus- 5
Himannv- 4
MrPrez- 4
Cevno- 3
watson- 3
Marcuss- 2
Cabinet96- 1

Jager

International Debutant
Season two, a recap of the rules!

Rules for the voodoo draft
- The concept of this draft style is to marginally reduce the selection pool of players in order to increase the difficulty and use of strategy.
- At the start of each round, all drafters will need to send me an email nominating the player they want in their team. If two people select the same player, that player becomes unavailable to all drafters (becomes voodoo).
- The players who become voodoo will not appear on the selection board in order to make it visually easier for players to see who needs to repick. They will appear on the voodoo list below.
- Every player who chooses someone without challenge instantly gets their pick.
- The players who get eliminated/selected will be posted up by myself, and then the players who drew for someone will then get a chance to choose someone else.
- I will need to select my player beforehand so that it is fair for everyone (honour code applies for me).
- Don Bradman will be available for selection.
- My email I will use will be mrtownsend@live dot com.

Example round using current players. Players who appear on the lists are those that will be kept. The drafter is then locked out for the rest of the round

R1.1
kingkallis-
Himannv- Richard Hadlee
Marcuss-
Cabinet96-
Eds-
Cevno- Jack Hobbs
Blakus-
MrPrez- Garfield Sobers
watson- Phil Tufnell
Jager- Keith Miller
AndyZaltzHair-
kyear2- Shane Warne

Voodoo list: Don Bradman

R1.2
kingkallis- Curtly Ambrose
Himannv- Richard Hadlee
Marcuss- Len Hutton
Cabinet96- Imran Khan
Eds-
Cevno- Jack Hobbs
Blakus-
MrPrez- Garfield Sobers
watson- Phil Tufnell
Jager- Keith Miller
AndyZaltzHair- Malcolm Marshall
kyear2- Shane Warne

Voodoo list: Don Bradman, Glenn McGrath

R1.3
kingkallis- Curtly Ambrose
Himannv- Richard Hadlee
Marcuss- Len Hutton
Cabinet96- Imran Khan
Eds- Viv Richards
Cevno- Jack Hobbs
Blakus- Muttiah Muralitharan
MrPrez- Garfield Sobers
watson- Phil Tufnell
Jager- Keith Miller
AndyZaltzHair- Malcolm Marshall
kyear2- Shane Warne

Voodoo list: Don Bradman, Glenn McGrath

That would be one round. Easy enough to understand.

Jager

International Debutant
Round 1 is open!

Players
Eds S
kingkallis S
kyear2 S
Jager S
AndyZaltzHair S
Blakus S
MrPrez
Himannv S
watson S
Cevno S
Monk S
Valer

Please email mrtownsend at live.com your selection for the first round. Remember, if someone else selects the same player, they are removed from the draft. Donald Bradman is available for selection.

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
In your email, please use this format.

Player name (e.g Jager)
Selection (e.g Charles Bannerman)

Each round is open for 24 hours.

watson

Banned
I take it that participants keep on choosing for a particular Round until everyone has selected a cricketer that has no match for that Round - only then do we move on to the next round.

May take 2-4 or more selections depending.

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
I take it that participants keep on choosing for a particular Round until everyone has selected a cricketer that has no match for that Round - only then do we move on to the next round.

May take 2-4 or more selections depending.
Indeed! I'd assume it may take more time during rounds 1-3 as there is a general consensus as to the absolute elite players, but it will probably quicken up as we continue.

Jager the voodoo player for round 1 gets permanently banned for rest of the rounds too?
Yes, once they are gone they are gone forever - should lead to some tougher selections as the pool will be diluted somewhat. As for how much, it remains to be seen.

watson

Banned
Not sure of the strategy here as this sort of drafting is new to me.

Do I select Bradman because everyone is assuming that everyone else will - so no one does.

Do I select a great player and cross my fingers. But end up with a team of half stars and half retards.

Or do I go for a team of all semi-great players?

Jager

International Debutant
Not sure of the strategy here as this sort of drafting is new to me.

Do I select Bradman because everyone is assuming that everyone else will - so no one does.

Do I select a great player and cross my fingers. But end up with a team of half stars and half retards.

Or do I go for a team of all semi-great players?
Haven't got a clue either! Haven't got any emails yet though. mrtownsend@live.com in case I misspelt it

Jager

International Debutant
Excellent, I just wasn't in the right inbox of my iPhone... whoops. Andy, Eds and myself have submitted, so 3/12 so far.

watson

Banned
Unpacking the groceries, and emptying the dishwasher. You'll have to wait a bit longer Jagermeister.