• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Jager

International Debutant
I have an idea for a reserve draft. How about an ODI draft where you can only select players who never played ODI's?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pretty cool idea. I wonder if it will end up making everyone share the same opinions of players as people will soon realize who's a hot player and who's a cold player for the people who vote.

Just a suggestion, but the points system reminded me of old school Formula 1 - so it might be fun to let all the drafters 'stage a round' and make the rules/conditions however they like.

Jager

International Debutant
Pretty cool idea. I wonder if it will end up making everyone share the same opinions of players as people will soon realize who's a hot player and who's a cold player for the people who vote.

Just a suggestion, but the points system reminded me of old school Formula 1 - so it might be fun to let all the drafters 'stage a round' and make the rules/conditions however they like.
Impressed that you noticed the points format Nuf, as a huge F1 fan myself, it's what I based it on.

I was wondering the same thing myself, whether people will choose players entirely to win votes. I'll definitely change things around with the formats we run, but I was thinking that we return every three or four rounds to the classic format just to keep it grounded.

Do you want a slot in the reserves, Nuf?

EDIT: Michaelf7777777 is in, so our reserves are now Monk, morgieb, rvd619323 and himself.

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Why am I always last. Second straight draft picking last and can't get one the truely elite players

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Also back to my point of if Bradman isn't here that Sobers would be the automatic first pick, still is predictable and doesnt call for skill.
Edit: Thought we were going to finish the existing draft before starring this one.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Hold off on starting it Jager, we've got three drafts running to start with - ATG, ATG ODI and the Auction Draft.

ATG is ending soon, so maybe start once that ends.

Definitely use a separate thread for the 'Reserve' Drafts. I'll run it if you'd like :)

Jager

International Debutant
Alright, from this moment this draft is ON STANDBY until Monk's ATG Quick draft is finished.

The order will remain the same, although kingkallis may need to re-pick depending on whether Sobers is included or not.

Also back to my point of if Bradman isn't here that Sobers would be the automatic first pick, still is predictable and doesnt call for skill.
Edit: Thought we were going to finish the existing draft before starring this one.
Agreed here, but I thought the general consensus would be to keep Sobers in. If the majority of people want Sobers taboo, he will become taboo.

Hold off on starting it Jager, we've got three drafts running to start with - ATG, ATG ODI and the Auction Draft.

ATG is ending soon, so maybe start once that ends.

Definitely use a separate thread for the 'Reserve' Drafts. I'll run it if you'd like :)
That'd be great, I am running the ODI draft, the Draft League and some of the ATG world XI's game, so that would help a lot. I think you should hold out on starting it until Monk is done though, for obvious reasons.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
My point was why make anyone taboo. He played a test cricket so he should be included.
If you make Sobers taboo then Marshall or Imran goes first. There will always be a consensus.

Jager

International Debutant
My point was why make anyone taboo. He played a test cricket so he should be included.
If you make Sobers taboo then Marshall or Imran goes first. There will always be a consensus.
Well I think Sobers should stay, after considering it. You get a genuinely unfair advantage if you get Bradman. Sobers, despite being a superhero all-rounder, does not automatically make your lineup stand out from the rest. I'd say probably because he is a fifth bowling option, instead of Miller, Imran, Botham etc. who can genuinely be used to open the bowling at ATG level. If you get Bradman, you will likely still get another two ATG bats to make your lineup by far the best.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Yeah Sobers should be kept in. Kallis, Khan etc all right up there with him anyway.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Well I think Sobers should stay, after considering it. You get a genuinely unfair advantage if you get Bradman. Sobers, despite being a superhero all-rounder, does not automatically make your lineup stand out from the rest. I'd say probably because he is a fifth bowling option, instead of Miller, Imran, Botham etc. who can genuinely be used to open the bowling at ATG level. If you get Bradman, you will likely still get another two ATG bats to make your lineup by far the best.
I agree. Bradman is so ridiculously good it's absurd. Considering great batsmen like Ponting, Tendulkar and Viv all average around 50, and would be considered in many ATG World XIs, the fact that Bradman averages 100 seems crazy.

And on Sobers, if I had first selection, I'd probably take him, but I'd also consider Imran, Viv and Warne strongly, for various reasons.

However, if Bradman is included, I take him, no doubt. He is two excellent batsmen in one, giving me massive flexibility to be creative with all-rounders at #6, 7 and 8.

Eds

International Debutant
Reckon we should continue this. If this is effectively a series of drafts, it's going to take a very long time. I'm sure those in both drafts won't get confused, anyway.

kingkallis

International Coach
Why would you HOLD something amazing like this? Other 2 drafts are QUICKIES and will be over in no time so lets continue with this...

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Why would you HOLD something amazing like this? Other 2 drafts are QUICKIES and will be over in no time so lets continue with this...
The ATG test draft should be over very soon.

I'm keen as to get on board with this, so I'll keep track of what happens!

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
No, they're not.
awta.

No one is up there with Sobers, only Bradman and that is as a batsman alone. Warne is just in that level below, and for me followed by Marshall. Hobbs and Richards.

Last edited: