I definitely disagree that he's good enough to be a wicket-keeper at this level.
marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!
Anyone want to join the Society?
Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.
However, in the context of Jager's team he seems to fit very well.
01. Victor Trumper 02. Warren Bardsley 03. Clem Hill 04. Charlie Macartney 05. Warwick Armstrong 06. Monty Noble 07. George Giffen 08. Hugh Trumble 09. Jack Blackham 10. Fred Spofforth 11. Ernie Jones
01. Jack Hobbs 02. WG Grace 03. Kumar Ranjitsinhji 04. Johnny Tyldesley 05. Frank Woolley 06. Stanley Jackson 07. Frank Foster 08. Arthur Lilley 09. George Lohmann 10. Tom Richardson 11. Sydney Barnes
Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick
Yeah watson Jardine fits more into Jager's team
I knew Wilfred Rhodes made some contribution opening the innings but just found out he surpassed the expectations. Wilfred Rhodes made 5 half centuries and 2 centuries opening the innings. His two centuries- 179 against Australia and 152 against South Africa
Trouble is, if you play Wilfred as an opener then you lose a spinner because he hardly ever bowled when he partnered Jack Hobbs.
I even think that No.8 or 9 is probably too high in the order. All his genius resides in his bowling skills prior to WWI. Back then, he was only vaguely competent with the bat. But what a bowler!
Just checked and he only opened and kept in the same innings 11 times out of 235, ftr.
Couple of strategies from here for Jager, IMO:
- Find another spinner, use Rhodes as part-time, and open the innings with Rhodes. Move Stewart to 7 and drop Jardine, or weakest middle order.
- Find an opener, keep Rhodes where he is as a bowler, drop Stewart to 7 and drop Jardine, or weakest middle order.
- Keep Stewart opening, recruit another WK to play instead of Jardine, or weakest middle order.
- Drop someone, and replace them with a keeper that kept and opened together.
- Swap the batting positions of Stewart and Jardine.
Last edited by Eds; 17-07-2012 at 06:42 AM.
or I could just choose an opener next round and move him to 7
(and pick two other players that give me maximum versatility)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)