• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
In if there's room.

Large drafts are always interesting, given the ATG players go very quickly. Means the later rounds are all about discovering talented players who are criminally underrated.

Jager

International Debutant
Going by the first in best dressed rule, a 12 man draft would include...

Jager
Cabinet96
Himannv
kyear2
watson
Eds
MrPrez
Cevno
kingkallis
AndyZaltzHair
Blakus
Marcuss

If everyone is happy to extend to 15, then we'd see Monk, morgieb and rvd in. If not, they will be the first players included when people drop out or get relegated.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Your choice, you are the boss. No problem either way. 12 i s preferred, 15 is more challenging.

Jager

International Debutant
I think 12 would probably be way more efficent and prevent the draft from dragging on, which is unfortunate because some excellent drafters will miss out on the first round.

So, on how big the relegation zone should be. Instinct says two, which would mean morgieb and Monk gain promotion at the end of the round and the bottom two vote pollers exit the league until they are in line to re-enter. This adds pressure to the draft, as in future rounds even the championship leader may be relegated for a round after a disaster of a draft.

We have six points-scoring positions (1-6), four neutral mid-table positions (7-10) and two demotion positions (11-12).

First draft rules
ATG test draft, players must have played at least one test match.
No Bradman.
There is a 12 hour selection zone before you are skipped. You still choose at any time, but the draft continues and you may miss out on players.
We will have twelve rounds. Your 12th pick does not have to be your 12th man.
A new thread will go up on Cricket Chat where everyone votes on three different teams, which is how we will determine the winners, point-scorers etc.

Order

R1
kingkallis
Himannv
Marcuss
Cabinet96
Eds
Cevno
Blakus
MrPrez
watson
Jager
AndyZaltzHair
kyear2

R2
kyear2
AndyZaltzHair
Jager
watson
MrPrez
Blakus
Cevno
Eds
Cabinet96
Marcuss
Himannv
kingkallis

Alright, the draft league is on.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Is there no way there could be a separate draft for the reserves and the top 2 are the ones that get promoted?

Jager

International Debutant
Is there no way there could be a separate draft for the reserves and the top 2 are the ones that get promoted?
I was trying to think of something like that too, so if you have any suggestions it'd be great.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I was trying to think of something like that too, so if you have any suggestions it'd be great.
Erm, not to state the obvious but could there not just be a standard draft for them called the reserve draft?:P

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
They definitely are, anyone who is interested is welcome to join the reserves.
Give the reserves really out-there drafts? "Must have played Test Cricket with Graham Gooch" or "Pre-1900 XIs".

Something like that gives you a challenge, even with a limited number of people.

Jager

International Debutant
Give the reserves really out-there drafts? "Must have played Test Cricket with Graham Gooch" or "Pre-1900 XIs".

Something like that gives you a challenge, even with a limited number of people.
Fantastic idea, where would we run it? Have two drafts here or a CW Draft League Reserve thread? Either way please win, I consider you my rival :D