• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
So tempted to take Dhawan, but
John Maclean wk
Debut Clause

Hope that helps with at least one members vote. lol

Howe_zat

Audio File
Knew it was a mistake leaving this till last - can't find anyone I want but I guess Moises Henriques can do a job at #8. Considered Southee, but he seems like a spare if he's never getting the new ball.

Howe's XI

1. Len Hutton
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Clyde Walcott+
4. KS Ranjitsinhji
5. Allan Border*
6. Shivnaraine Chanderpaul
7. Aubrey Faulkner (4)
8. Moises Henriques (5)
9. Chaminda Vaas (3)
10. Fred Trueman (1)
11. Courtney Walsh (2)

Very happy with the batting. Bowling not so much, but ah well.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Kirksland XI

01. Sunil Gavaskar ^
02. Alec Stewart ^
03. Ricky Ponting ^
04. Sachin Tendulkar
05. Douglas Jardine *
06. Mushtaq Mohammad (5)
07. Mike Procter (2)
08. Richie Benuad (4)
09. Malcolm Marshall (1)
10. John Maclean +
11. John Snow (3)

Last edited:

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Knew it was a mistake leaving this till last - can't find anyone I want but I guess Moises Henriques can do a job at #8. Considered Southee, but he seems like a spare if he's never getting the new ball.

Howe's XI

1. Len Hutton
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Clyde Walcott+
4. KS Ranjitsinhji
5. Allan Border*
6. Shivnaraine Chanderpaul
7. Aubrey Faulkner (4)
8. Moises Henriques (5)
9. Chaminda Vaas (3)
10. Fred Trueman (1)
11. Courtney Walsh (2)

Very happy with the batting. Bowling not so much, but ah well.
Come to think of it, there was a much better player you could of picked for that #8 spot:p. Will let you know who it is once Jager and Monk have made their picks.

watson

Banned
Come to think of it, there was a much better player you could of picked for that #8 spot:p. Will let you know who it is once Jager and Monk have made their picks.
It will be interesting to see who discovered who for possible Debut Clause candidates.

Jager

International Debutant
Thought I could get Houghton, shattered.

Changing to Fawad Alam, FC average of 57 says something, plus test average of 41 with a big ton on debut.

1. Barry Richards
2. Vijay Merchant
3. Viv Richards
4. Stan McCabe
5. Mohammad Azharuddin
6. Fawad Alam
7. Godfrey Evans
8. Gubby Allen
9. Shane Warne
10. Andy Roberts
11. Glenn McGrath

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Now, my strangest draft selection so far- Wayne Phillips, using the highest score on debut clause. Will be my keeper, and also a very good batsman to have at 7 or 8.

MONK'S XI

1. Arthur Morris
2. Saeed Anwar
3. Clem Hill
4. Greg Chappell
5. Wally Hammond
6. Clive Lloyd *
7. Kapil Dev
8. Wayne Phillips +
9. Alan Davidson
10. Allan Donald
11. Clarrie Grimmett

watson

Banned
Loved watching Wayne Phillips bat in the 80s as he had effortless timing.

Besides Hendriks I also had the following players penciled in;

Romesh Kaluwitharana (good keeper and ODI pinch hitter)
David Bairstow (Yorkshire captain and deputy to Bob Taylor/Alan Knott)
Dennis Gamsy (Natal's keeper and deputy to Dennis Lindsay)
Ashley Mallett (vastly under-rated Aussie spinner)
Darren Gough (under-rated English quick)
Andrew Hudson (tough SA opening bat)
Lala Amarnath (Indian Pre-War Captain and all-rounder)

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Could have slotted in as a keeper, middle order bat or opener. Preferred the better keeper though considering my batting strength and the presence of Stewart.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Yeah Darren Gough was the one I had in mind for Howe_zat. I also found Jack Iverson, who never surpassed 1 not out. Would of been an amusing selection

I also had Tich Freeman (English leggie from the 20's) and Jack Hearne (pre-war medium pacer with tremendous FC stats)

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Going to be interesting to see if the teams with one obvious weaklink but very good everywhere else will go well in the voting.

Jager

International Debutant
Going to be interesting to see if the teams with one obvious weaklink but very good everywhere else will go well in the voting.
I think that's been my team, could have been a potential winner if I'd found Miandad instead of Azharuddin though.