• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Himannv

International Coach
Team so far:

01. Charles Bannerman
02. Trevor Goddard
03. Neil Harvey
04. Dennis Compton
05. Steve Waugh*
06. Kevin Pietersen
07. Ian Botham
09. Bill O'Reilly
10. Shoaib Akthar
11. Sydney Barnes

Clauses left:
- Team Blackout

Flamboyant attacking batsmen? Ugh, sooo not my style.

This could well be one of the strangest sides I've put together as I never end up picking these sort of players (barring one or two regulars perhaps). Fairly certain I've missed a trick or two in this draft by playing it too safe.

Himannv

International Coach
Hard to say what sort of pitch would suit my attack. It'll likely be tailored to suit Barnes and O'Reilly.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
01. Sunil Gavaskar
02. Alec Stewart
03. Ricky Ponting
04. Sachin Tendulkar
05. Douglas Jardine
06. Mushtaq Mohammad
07. Mike Procter
08. Richie Benaud
09. Malcolm Marshall
11. John Snow

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Taking chance, hope Monk doesn't steal my pick.
Now you have me curious, because the person I wanted wouldn't be popular...

Is the an ATG keeper left who made his highest score in his debut? Hmmm

Might have to do some hunting.

watson

Banned
kyear and Monk are probably doing more homework than the Australian cricket team. R11 will be interesting.

Marcuss > Michael > Blakus > R11

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Now you have me curious, because the person I wanted wouldn't be popular...

Is the an ATG keeper left who made his highest score in his debut? Hmmm

Might have to do some hunting.
Could be an opener or keeper, misdirection.

Plus not ATG, just unique. Plus anyone I could find for that clause was good enough.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

Plus not ATG, just unique. Plus anyone I could find for that clause was good enough.
If you're talking about who I think you are, that is a very interesting pick indeed.
Probably the first and last time he gets picked in a draft.

watson

Banned

The player perhaps in question was found hanged in his room. That's pretty unique.

(Actually, I wouldn't mind Fred writing a piece on him at some point, because he was a truly facinating cricketer and great in his own way)

Last edited: