• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Jager

International Debutant
Great find on Miandad watson, really would have put me in a great position if I'd found him :(

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's my go...

Saeed Anwar (Pakistan lockout). Average of 60 against Australia in a period where Australia were the dominant force in test cricket. Great player.

MONK'S XI

- Arthur Morris
- Saeed Anwar
- Clem Hill
- Greg Chappell
- Wally Hammond
- Clive Lloyd
- Kapil Dev
- Alan Davidson
-
- Allan Donald
- Clarrie Grimmett

Pretty happy here. I have a great slip cordon...
Brilliant all round, and yes, hard to imagine a better cordon.

Jager

International Debutant
Gubby Allen (born overseas)

1. Barry Richards
2. Vijay Merchant
3. Viv Richards
4. Stan McCabe
5. Mohammad Azharuddin
7. Godfrey Evans
8. Gubby Allen
9. Shane Warne
10. Andy Roberts
11. Glenn McGrath

Himannv

International Coach
Dudley Nourse as the lonely South African.

01. Geoff Boycott
02. Hanif Mohammad
03. Brian Lara
04. Javed Miandad
05. Vijay Hazare (5)
06. Dudley Nourse
07. Imran Khan * (2)
08. Ray Lindwall (1)
09. Jackie Hendriks +
11. Joel Garner (3)
Excellent side. I'd have Nourse at 4 personally but I reckon this is the team to beat.

watson

Banned
I kind of like your recommended look Himannv;

01. Geoff Boycott
02. Hanif Mohammad
03. Brian Lara
04. Dudley Nourse
05. Vijay Hazare (5)
06. Javed Miandad
07. Imran Khan * (2)
08. Ray Lindwall (1)
09. Jackie Hendriks +
11. Joel Garner (3)

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Currently at Uni, trying to study. Doug Walters to bat 6 after debuting as a teen.
  1. Graham Gooch
  2. Bruce Mitchell [6]
  3. George Headley
  4. Kumar Sangakkara
  5. Peter May
  6. Doug Walters [5]
  7. Alan Knott+
  8. Hedley Verity [4]
  9. -
  10. Dale Steyn [1]
  11. Wayne Daniel [2]

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

1. Jack Hobbs /
2. Alastair Cook /
3. Ken Barrington /
4. Jacques Kallis / o (4)
5. Garry Sobers / o (6)
7. Vinoo Mankad o / (5)
8. Geraint Jones ( + )
9. Dennis Lillee o (1)
10. Fazal Mahmood o (3)
11. Micheal Holding o (2)

I think Mahmood will be effective with slightly older ball so my bowling line up will be :

Dennis Lillee
Micheal Holding
Fazal Mahmood
Jacques Kallis
Vinoo Mankad
Garry Sobers

Himannv

International Coach
I kind of like your recommended look Himannv;

01. Geoff Boycott
02. Hanif Mohammad
03. Brian Lara
04. Dudley Nourse
05. Vijay Hazare (5)
06. Javed Miandad
07. Imran Khan * (2)
08. Ray Lindwall (1)
09. Jackie Hendriks +
11. Joel Garner (3)
Looks awesome. Which clause do you have left?

watson

Banned
Looks awesome. Which clause do you have left?
I have the 9th Wicket Clause still to go. There are a couple of spinners in there that I quite like, and either/or would do the job. Still can't make up my mind though.

Good luck with the Dismissed Clause! With about 20-30 bowlers per batsman I can't see you having too many problems finding another suitable bowler/keeper though.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
  1. Graham Gooch
  2. Bruce Mitchell [6]
  3. George Headley
  4. Kumar Sangakkara
  5. Peter May
  6. Doug Walters [5]
  7. Alan Knott+
  8. Hedley Verity [4]
  9. -
  10. Dale Steyn [1]
  11. Wayne Daniel [2]
Very nice team Dan! I imagine that you won't have too many problems finding another suitable bowler from the Lords Honour Board.

watson

Banned
CricZo XI

1. Jack Hobbs /
2. Alastair Cook /
3. Ken Barrington /
4. Jacques Kallis / o (4)
5. Garry Sobers / o (6)
7. Vinoo Mankad o / (5)
8. Geraint Jones ( + )
9. Dennis Lillee o (1)
10. Fazal Mahmood o (3)
11. Micheal Holding o (2)

I think Mahmood will be effective with slightly older ball so my bowling line up will be :

Dennis Lillee
Micheal Holding
Fazal Mahmood
Jacques Kallis
Vinoo Mankad
Garry Sobers
Going for the extra batsman KK? Probably a good idea since Vinoo was judged to be the best left-arm spinner in the world when he was at his peak. He, Kallis, and Sobers could easily share the 4th/5th bowler duties.

kingkallis

International Coach
Going for the extra batsman KK? Probably a good idea since Vinoo was judged to be the best left-arm spinner in the world when he was at his peak. He, Kallis, and Sobers could easily share the 4th/5th bowler duties.
Yeah, I have 3 top quicks and Mankad, Kallis, Sobers to the job as 4th and 5th option so I'll go with a batsman.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Very nice team Dan! I imagine that you won't have too many problems finding another suitable bowler from the Lords Honour Board.
That was the theory at least. I'm not quite sure who I'm going to pick, but I have a couple of ideas.

watson

Banned
01. Geoff Boycott
02. Hanif Mohammad
03. Brian Lara
04. Dudley Nourse
05. Vijay Hazare (5)
06. Javed Miandad
07. Imran Khan * (2)
08. Ray Lindwall (1)
09. Jackie Hendriks +
11. Joel Garner (3)

This is how the team works;

Boycott to act as the anchor with Hanif to play an attacking role from the outset. If Boycott fails then Hanif to revert to a more defensive role.

Both Nourse and Hazare are to farm the strike to Lara who will play his usual aggressive style (Note: Lara averaged 60.46 at No.3). Nourse to be the aggressor if Lara fails. Hazare becomes the anchor in the event of a top order collapse due to his excellent defensive technique.

Miandad to play the usual attacking role of the No.6 batsman, and perhaps farm the strike to Imran or Lindwall who can hit out if they get settled. Miandad has the perfect style to protect the 9-10-11 tail by manipulating the strike.

Lindwall and Imran to open the bowling with the new ball, but one of them to have a shorter spell so Garner is able to utilise the remaining shine on the new ball. The spinner to be used as per usual, and Hazare should not be under-bowled. His round-arm swing bowling seems like a good partnership breaker as his 595 FC wickets at 25 runs a piece indicates. Good enough to catch Bradman off guard twice.

Last edited: