• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
01. Archie Jackson
02. Herbert Sutcliffe
03. Ted Dexter
04. Martin Crowe (Teenager)
05. Andy Flower
06. Tony Greig
08. Wasim Akram
10. Jim Laker
11. Alec Bedser

watson

Banned
R9
Blakus - Bishan Bedi (9th Wicket)
Michael - Gordon Greenidge (Dismissed)
Marcuss - Martin Crowe (Teenager)
kyear
Himannv
Howe
Jager
Dan
Monk
Watson
KK

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Kirksland XI
01. Sunil Gavaskar ^
02. Alec Stewart
03. Ricky Ponting ^
04. Sachin Tendulkar
05. Douglas Jardine *
06. Mushtaq Mohammad
07. Mike Porcter ^
08. Malcolm Marshall
10. John Snow

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not the pick I was expecting tbh

Still think I can guess one of your picks.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
An attack of Marshall-Procter-Snow, a solid opening pair, and Tendulkar in the middle-order already make this very strong team kyear. Be good if you can top it off with a couple of strong picks.

watson

Banned
Dan
01. BRUCE MITCHELL (R8: Leg-spinner)
03. GEORGE HEADLEY ( R1:Illegal lmmigrant)
04. KUMAR SANGAKKARA (R4: National Blackout)
05. PETER MAY (R5:Captained Against)
07. ALAN KNOTT (R7: Fredfertang)
09. HEDLEY VERITY (R3: Merchant)
10. DALE STEYN (R2: 9th Wicket)
11. WAYNE DANIEL (R6: Debut)

Your team is also very strong Dan. I'll be interested to see who you manage to get for your fourth bowler.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Like Jager's and Watson's teams thus far, though the last ywo picks could swing everything. Only gripe though is Watson's openers, don't think I would be able to watch them bat together.

watson

Banned
Like Jager's and Watson's teams thus far, though the last ywo picks could swing everything. Only gripe though is Watson's openers, don't think I would be able to watch them bat together.
With Boyc's holding up one end Imran would give Hanif the green-light to attack. Thought about Majid for sometime, but I think that Hanif is the better batsman overall by a significant margin;

Hanif was the first star of Pakistan cricket, the "Little Master" who played the longest innings in Test history - his 970-minute 337 against West Indies in Bridgetown in 1957-58 - then followed it a year later with the highest first-class innings to that point, 499 run out. With such feats, broadcast on radio, he turned cricket in Pakistan from the preserve of the Lahore educated elite into the mass sport it is today. Although famous for his immaculate defence and never hitting the ball in the air, Hanif could also attack, and was probably the originator of the reverse-sweep. His versatility extended to captaining and keeping wicket, and bowling right- and left-handed in Test cricket. But in addition to being the jack of all trades, he was the master of one.

Hanif Mohammad | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Team so far:

01. Charles Bannerman
02. Trevor Goddard
03. Neil Harvey
04. Dennis Compton
05. Steve Waugh*
06. Kevin Pietersen
07. Ian Botham
10. Bill O'Reilly
11. Sydney Barnes

Clauses left:
- Dismissing Peeps
- Team Blackout

kingkallis

International Coach
It will be interesting to see if one of the (remaining) modern time legend will be picked or not...

Last edited: