• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

kingkallis

International Coach
Yeh, true, I was just being a whiny prick.

And this draft is an awesome challenge. Really having to think and re-think strategy.
True!

I was all set to take Donald and one great batsman of our era but you picked Donald and it made me re-think my strategies.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeh, true, I was just being a whiny prick.

And this draft is an awesome challenge. Really having to think and re-think strategy.
Yeah, I'm working out a list of guys who are good for each clause (HS on debut is a bitch, as we all know), and as the best options keep getting taken - Archie Jackson was my #1 for about four different clauses - I've had to reshuffle my whole XI.

Which is actually good fun. So much strategy in who to pick next.

Jager

International Debutant
This means that Howe has roughly 2 1/2 hours from now which will be about 10:30 am London time, I think.

Incidently, does he know about this new development? All the previous drafts in the Draft League have been 24 hour time limits. Might have to cut him some slack.
Every draft league season has had a 12 hour team limit so far :p

watson

Banned
In your email, please use this format.

Player name (e.g Jager)
Selection (e.g Charles Bannerman)

Each round is open for 24 hours.
Apparently Season 1 was 12 hours, but Season 2 had a 24 hour limit per pick. I've always assumed 24 hours after that :unsure:

But I'm all for 12 hours!

watson

Banned
The Merchant Clause is getting tight. Time to act now I think;

Vijay Hazare via the Merchant Clause.

(Glad to have got rid of both the Debut and Merchant Clauses which were the most difficult and restrictive of the Clauses)

04. Brian Lara
05. Vijay Hazare
07. Imran Khan
09. Jackie Hendriks

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And I reckon it would be decided you were in the wrong
"Played in a Test involving Merchant" then what you'd want to do would be fine
"Played in a Test with Merchant" Nahhhh

Howe_zat

Audio File
Presumably you'd pick someone from a game where Merchant was a match referee or something? Pretty obviously against the spirit of things if so, people would just tell you to do one.

watson

Banned
01. Must have debuted in test cricket as a teenager
02. Pick someone who played test cricket for a country they weren't born in. Eg, born in France played for England
03. Choose a player who scored their highest score in test cricket in their debut test match
04. Involved in a test with Vijay Merchant.
05. A player with a fredfertang feature about them
06. Choose a player who is classified as a legspinner on Cricinfo.
07. A player representing the nation you have not/will not pick another player from.
08. Must be listed on a Lord's Honour Board.
09. Captained against a side captained by Warwick Armstrong, Don Bradman, Richie Benaud, Ian Chappell or Mark Taylor
10. Must have been dismissed by or dismissed the player picked before you.
11. Must be involved in a 9th wicket (Test match) partnership of 100 runs or more.

I did think about twisting the Merchant Clause. But I couldn't be arsed getting into a **** fight regarding the definition of the word 'with'. Marcuss has made a good point.

Anyways, happy with Vijay Hazare at No.5.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Brian Statham (involved in a test with Vijay Merchant) for my next selection please

Charter 77 So Far

Amar Singh
Waqar Younis
Muttiah Muralitharin
Brian Statham

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Presumably you'd pick someone from a game where Merchant was a match referee or something? Pretty obviously against the spirit of things if so, people would just tell you to do one.
I'll tell you who I would've picked when everyone's done that clause.

watson

Banned
I'll tell you who I would've picked when everyone's done that clause.
Douglas Jardine :ph34r:

(Yes yes, we've all done our home-work, so I'm not disclosing a hidden player here. But even if you've haven't done your home-work, you're welcome to him anyway. All yours.)