• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Well, technically both Jager and kyear timed out and Dan can pick his player - right?
I'll pick one now. If Jager/kyear were intending to pick them, they can have them and I'll re-pick in the morning. I trust them not just to steal my player.

Hedley Verity under the Merchant clause.

Current players:
George Headley, Hedley Verity, Dale Steyn.

Jager

International Debutant
Viv Richards (Lord's boards)

3. Viv Richards
9. Shane Warne
11. Glenn McGrath

Jager

International Debutant
This draft will undoubtedly be the hardest ever IMO. Picks are gonna get hard in a few round's time and I think a whole lot of unpicked players will get their first mentions in the league.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm expecting some sides to have a mix of ATGs and passengers, whereas others (probably my own) will be a mix of largely silver tier players. Will be interesting how they match up.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
This draft will undoubtedly be the hardest ever IMO. Picks are gonna get hard in a few round's time and I think a whole lot of unpicked players will get their first mentions in the league.
Definately.

Loving your team though.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
How do you find players for that clause?

Really wish Jager had made his pick on time.

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
no worries, would have made a big difference to my selection. Plus there was no gurantee to who you would have selected.

watson

Banned
Got called in the middle of the night for work so............

Jackie Hendriks via the Debut Clause.

Jackie Hendriks | West Indies Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo
1st Test: West Indies v India at Port of Spain, Feb 16-20, 1962 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

A tactical mistake picking a keeper now, but I think a good move strategically due to the difficulty in finding top-notch wicket-keepers. Also, don't trust eagle-eye Monk/Dan not to have spotted him by the next round!

04. Brain Lara
07. Imran Khan
09. Jackie Hendriks

Last edited:

watson

Banned
R3
Blakus- Graeme Pollock (Teenager)
Himannv- Denis Compton (Merchant)
Jager - Viv Richards (Lords)
Kyear - Sunil Gavaskar (9th wicket)
Dan- Hedley Verity (Merchant)
Michael - Amar Singh (Highest Score on Debut)
Watson - Jackie Hendriks (Highest Score on Debut)
Marcuss- Andy Flower (Team/National/Country Blackout)
Howe-
Monk-
KK-

Last edited: