• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Clause- Player is a part of cricketing folklore.

(a bit subjective, I know, but part of the clause means you have to write a 50+ word piece on why your player is part of cricketing folklore. Bit different to something stats driven I guess).

Eds

International Debutant
What do you mean?

Also @kyear just post them here, you're free to use them whenever as well.
Can't help feeling that, while the teams are playing, the banter in the bar between the various 12th men selected here would be every bit as entertaining.

Oh and Eds gets my vote (with 2 points, to 1 point for Himanv, 0.5 points for AndyZH, Kingkallis and Kyear, and 0 points for the rest).
He just didn't vote in the poll.

Jager

International Debutant
Season four standings
1. Blakus - 8
1. Eds - 8
3. Andy - 4
4. Monk - 3
5. Watson - 1 1/2
5. Kingkallis 1 1/2

Honour roll
Season one (classic draft): Eds
Season two (voodoo draft): Cevno/Marcuss
Season three (clause draft): Blakus & Himannv
Seaon four (classic draft): Blakus & Eds

Championship standings
Eds: 26 ½
Blakus: 17 ½
Himannv: 9 ½
kingkallis: 10 ½
Jager: 8 ½
kyear2: 7
AndyZaltzHair: 6
Cevno: 5
Marcuss: 5
watson: 5 ½
Monk: 3
Michaelf7777777: ½
That good?

Jager

International Debutant
Monk I think the folklore question is too easy to twist - any chance of you thinking up a new one?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Monk I think the folklore question is too easy to twist - any chance of you thinking up a new one?
I can, but I thought something that was a bit more creative might be a bit different to the usual stats driven stuff/country based stuff might be more interesting. It's basically an open clause, but you have to give a bit of anecdotal evidence as to why your player is part of cricketing folklore.

My alternate clause can be-

A player who captained his test team against one of the following Australian test captains-

Warwick Armstrong, Don Bradman, Richie Benaud, Ian Chappell or Mark Taylor

Or...

An English player who played against Australia in the 1948 or the 1989 Ashes series.

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
AndyZaltzHair
Blakus - Pick someone who played test cricket for a country they weren't born in. Eg, born in France played for England
Eds
Himannv
Howe_zat - Players with a fredfertang feature about them
Jager
kingkallis
kyear2 - Lord's Honour Boards
Monk - Captained against a side captained by Warwick Armstrong, Don Bradman, Richie Benaud, Ian Chappell or Mark Taylor
Marcuss
watson - Must be involved in a 9th wicket (Test match) partnership of 100 runs or more.

watson

Banned
Nothing to do with this Draft, but I have an idea for a future Draft that we may want to keep up our sleeve. If I don't write it down now then it will probably vanish from my head by next week.

Basically each participant gets to select from a pool of their choice. The 3 pools are;

POOL A: 'Convicts and Soldiers'
Australia
England
New Zealand

POOL B: 'Africans at Heart'
South Africa
West Indies
Zimbabwe

POOL C: 'Great Asia'
India
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh

Each participant doesn't have to nominate from which pool they are going to select from until it's their turn in Round 1. When it is their turn then they will indicate their pool of choice - 'Imran Khan. POOL C 'Great Asia'.

I think that the tactics necessary will be interesting. Obviously POOL A will have the greater number of players to draw from, but if the first 3 participants select POOL A then it may be better to switch to POOL B to maximise selection choices.

I call it: 'The ABC Draft'

Last edited:

watson

Banned
From memory, I haven't seen Andy, Eds, or kingkallis around for some time.

Do we know their where abouts? And how long shall we wait till they return before asking some other people to join our group?

Himannv

International Coach
From memory, I haven't seen Andy, Eds, or kingkallis around for some time.

Do we know their where abouts? And how long shall we wait till they return before asking some other people to join our group?
Eds posted in the last page or two and Kingkallis is usually around for drafts. Not sure about Andy.