Oh video footage. WAG.
01. Victor Trumper 02. Warren Bardsley 03. Clem Hill 04. Charlie Macartney 05. Warwick Armstrong 06. Monty Noble 07. George Giffen 08. Hugh Trumble 09. Jack Blackham 10. Fred Spofforth 11. Ernie Jones
01. Jack Hobbs 02. WG Grace 03. Kumar Ranjitsinhji 04. Johnny Tyldesley 05. Frank Woolley 06. Stanley Jackson 07. Frank Foster 08. Arthur Lilley 09. George Lohmann 10. Tom Richardson 11. Sydney Barnes
The man who is considered the greater gloveman when matched against Knott. That says something.
Bobby Taylor (US President clause)
- Bruce Mitchell
- Victor Trumper
- Mohammad Yousuf
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Martin Crowe
- Charlie Macartney
- Imran Khan*
- Maurice Tate
- Bob Taylor+
- Stuart MacGill
- Allan Donald
Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick
Not selected in previous drafts
H.B "Jock Cameron"
Kyear 2 XI
Bill Lawry *
Greg Chappell (6) ^
Brian Lara ^
Inzamam Ul-Haq ^
Mustaq Mohammad (5)
Jock Cameron +
Malcolm Marshall (1)
Bill O'Reilly (3)
Colin Croft (2)
Ken Farnes (4)
Surprisingly got every player I targeted the last 3 rounds and the 2nd choice for the 4th last pick. pretty happy with the team.
Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2
Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4
Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Cameron+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2
Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3
Haha I see what you mean by a very "Jager-ish" pick, Jager.
As for me, I'll go for the greatest captain of all-time in Douglas Jardine, to complete my XI. Would love to see him with this bowling attack at his disposal.
Undecided on batting order as things stand. Will probably open with Jardine and push Jackson to 3. Or maybe Kallis could move to 3, with Pietersen to 4 and Jardine to 5.
Last edited by Eds; 10-10-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Sorry for the irregularity.
Been a pretty busy couple of weeks for me, and mostly i log in from my phone on CW these days and can't do proper research on it. Will try and do my picks today.
Herman Griffith - Bowled Bradman in test match
5th Test: Australia v West Indies at Sydney, Feb 27-Mar 4, 1931 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
1. Jack Hobbs ( Debut before WW2 )
2. Barry Richards ( Played for Gloucestershire )
3. David Boon ( Not picked in previous drafts )
4. Herbie Taylor ( Shares the name with US President )
5. Clive Lloyd ( 100 in the Boxing day test )
6. Alec Stewart + ( Dismissed by Murali & Warne )
7. Trevor Goddard ( Average 25 to 40 )
8. Alan Davidson ( Debut after WW2 )
9. Hugh Tayfield ( Part of hat-trick )
10. Curtly Ambrose ( Played in WI, Eng, Aus )
11. Herman Griffith ( Bowled Bradman in test match )
CricZo XI - 3 Draft Winner
Scorecard Draft (2010) V Sehwag, D Amiss, D Bradman (c), C Cowdrey, P Umrigar, A Faulkner, R Marsh +, M Marshall, W Hall, M Hughes, B O'Reilly
Alphabetical Draft (2011) S Watson, G Kirsten, D Bradman (c), K Sangakkara +, C Cowdrey, K Pietersen, A Flintoff, M Marshall, B O'Reilly, F Trueman, T Alderman
The Eras Draft (2014) V Trumper, A Morris, N Harvey, J Kallis, S McCabe, F Woolley, Imran Khan (c), J Dujon +, J Briggs, D Steyn, J Snow
My bowling attack will be :
All you need is 3-4 simple contingencies, jot them down somewhere, and then e-mail/SMS one of them to someone when it's your turn. You can liason with anyone on CricketWeb. It doesn't even have to be Jager. They keep an eye on Draft thread for you and then nominate a player on your behalf.
I have concluded that you are either disorganised or lack the ability to forward-plan Cevno, with the underlying assumption being that you are in the draft because you want to be.
Last edited by watson; 10-10-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Bert Oldfield (Not picked in previous drafts) for my next pick please
Charter 77 So Far
Sourav Ganguly (*)
Bert Oldfield (+)
Amazing that Oldfield hasn't been selected in a previous draft. Imo he is Australia's best pure gloveman ever, and he was no dud with the bat, with an average over 20.
I actually think you have the strongest team Michael, with Sobers and Botham as ARs to balance things nicely...
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)