• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Ian Healy for my next selection please

Charter 77 So Far

WG Grace
Kumar Sangakarra
Martin Crowe
Steve Waugh (*)
Keith Miller
Ian Healy (+)
Ray Lindwall
Hugh Trumble
Frederick Spofforth
Jim Laker

watson

Banned
Nice looking team there Michael. Glad that you went for Healy so as give Sanga a decent go with the bat. What's his post keeping average again - about 70 runs?

Jager

International Debutant
I was going to pick Woolley and a keeper this time round, but since Peter May has magically lasted till R9-10 I can't resist him: Peter May & Frank Woolley.

Watson's XI
01. Barry Richards
02. Bruce Mitchell
03. Rohan Kanhai
04. Greg Chappell
05. Peter May
06. Frank Woolley
07. Mike Procter
08. Richie Benaud
10. Wes Hall
11. Curtly Ambrose
Rotten, May was my planned pick :(

watson

Banned
Yes, Peter May was famous for being the best batsman in the whole world, slaughtering all bowlers with classic drives, cuts and pull shots, and generally pulverising the opposition into dust. Obviously several times better than Donald Bradman by a factor of 10.

He's mine and you can't have him, so there.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
John Waite to be my keeper

1.Bill Ponsford
2.Virender Sehwag
3.Walter Hammond
4.Everton Weekes
5.Javed Miandad
7.John Waite+
8.Shaun Pollock
9.Fred Trueman
10.Muttiah Muralitharan
11.Courtney Walsh

Feel very good about my team. Plenty of highly capable batsmen left

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I know I'm prone to crap on a bit, and I have shown the following video before - but this square drive by Kanhai off Jeff Thomson is something special. It's very much stuck in my head, and for mine, the best shot I've seen on video;

Rohan Kanhai v Aus ( 1975 World Cup Final ) - YouTube
Kanhai is an absolute gun. I was intending to draft him in this draft (my theme was players I've loved/would have loved), but you got him first.

Woolley was also on my shortlist. Chappell too, but it was a long shot that I'd have gotten him.

watson

Banned
Kanhai is an absolute gun. I was intending to draft him in this draft (my theme was players I've loved/would have loved), but you got him first.

Woolley was also on my shortlist. Chappell too, but it was a long shot that I'd have gotten him.
Harvey was on my shortlist too, but I got confused and thought that Jager had picked him. Hence Kanhai. In a way I'm glad as he fits into the existing middle-order very well. Besides, numbers wise, there's nothing between the two batsman as the following study indicates;

It Figures | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo

watson

Banned
John Waite to be my keeper

1.Bill Ponsford
2.Virender Sehwag
3.Walter Hammond
4.Everton Weekes
5.Javed Miandad
7.John Waite+
8.Shaun Pollock
9.Fred Trueman
10.Muttiah Muralitharan
11.Courtney Walsh

Feel very good about my team. Plenty of highly capable batsmen left
There goes my favourite keeper. Please look after him for me.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member

I'll take Ted Dexter; he has an average of over 51 at no 3.

1. Gordon Greenidge
3. Ted Dexter
4. Garfield Sobers
5. Doug Walters
6. Andy Flower+
7. Frank Worrell*
8. Harold Larwood
9. Hugh Tayfield
10. Michael Holding
11. Allan Donald