• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bob Simpson

1. Simpson
3. Walcott
4. Tendulkar
5. Nourse
8. Hadlee
10. Steyn
11. O'Reilly

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
Gives my pace attack super versatility and variety - left arm and right arm options, seam, swing, reverse from Davo. Can bowl on heartbreaking wickets and now I am free to stack my batting as full as I want... I'm pretty happy with it now!

Jager

International Debutant
R9 order

Agent -
Jager -
kingkallis -
Himannv -
kyear2 -
Monk -
Marcuss -
AndyZaltzHair -
Blakus -
Michaelf7777777 -
Eds -
watson -

Timestamp: 2012-11-12 12:56:06 UTC

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Harold Larwood and Hugh Tayfield

1. Gordon Greenidge
5. Garfield Sobers
6. Andy Flower+
7. Frank Worrell*
8. Harold Larwood
9. Hugh Tayfield
10. Michael Holding
11. Allan Donald

watson

Banned
R9 order

Agent -
Jager -
kingkallis -
Himannv -
kyear2 -
Monk -
Marcuss -
AndyZaltzHair -
Blakus -
Michaelf7777777 -
Eds -
watson -

Timestamp: 2012-11-12 12:56:06 UTC
Wow, this puts me under pressure to get my next pick right as I have to sit back and watch 18 players go by afterwards.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Trevor Goddard

Probably could've waited another round for this'n but I don't really want to risk it with my next pick still 15 players away. One of the greatest cricketers of all time and probably the most under-rated of them all. Someone please cheer me up and tell me they were thinking of picking him next please :p

1. Simpson
2. Goddard
3. Walcott
4. Tendulkar
5. Nourse
8. Hadlee
10. Steyn
11. O'Reilly

watson

Banned
I had another South African opener in mind. Not a bad leggie either, and 'superb' in the slips: Bruce Mitchell

Watson's XI
01. Barry Richards
02. Bruce Mitchell
03. Rohan Kanhai
04. Greg Chappell
07. Mike Procter
08. Richie Benaud
10. Wes Hall
11. Curtly Ambrose

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I had another South African opener in mind. Not a bad leggie either: Bruce Mitchell

Watson's XI
01. Barry Richards
02. Bruce Mitchell
03. Rohan Kanhai
04. Greg Chappell
07. Mike Procter
08. Richie Benaud
10. Wes Hall
11. Curtly Ambrose
I was so close to picking him that I actually had it typed in. I did think Goddard would last longer but I figured I'd be more annoyed about missing out on him than missing out on Mitchell so I took the safe route. If I got both I was going to bat Mitchell at 3.

Jager

International Debutant
Archie Jackson

Jager's Giants
  1. Victor Trumper
  2. -
  3. Archie Jackson
  4. Jacques Kallis ^
  5. Denis Compton
  6. -
  7. Adam Gilchrist †
  8. Kapil Dev
  9. Alan Davidson
  10. Frank Tyson
  11. -

watson

Banned
I was so close to picking him that I actually had it typed in. I did think Goddard would last longer but I figured I'd be more annoyed about missing out on him than missing out on Mitchell so I took the safe route. If I got both I was going to bat Mitchell at 3.
KK often plays 2 all rounders in his team, one of which is usually Goddard - so you were right to go with your gut feeling I think

watson

Banned
Archie Jackson

Jager's Giants
  1. Victor Trumper
  2. -
  3. Archie Jackson
  4. Jacques Kallis ^
  5. Denis Compton
  6. -
  7. Adam Gilchrist †
  8. Kapil Dev
  9. Alan Davidson
  10. Frank Tyson
  11. -
With Trumper at No.1 you see could see Jackson coming a mile off :D

Alan Kippax at No.6 would complete the full set. I dare you! :p

Jager

International Debutant
Macartney would have been a nice addition too - might grab Kippax as my 12th man actually since no one takes much notice of it :)

watson

Banned
Macartney would have been a nice addition too - might grab Kippax as my 12th man actually since no one takes much notice of it :)
Trumper-Jackson-Kippax: The three greatest exponents of the late cut.

Would have to give your team points for elegance.

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
If I get my next two picks I'll be seriously delighted. Unlikely given how I've drawn such a horrendous pick number in R9 but at least I'll get one, I s'pose.

Eds

International Debutant

1. Jack Hobbs
2. Geoffrey Boycott
3. Vivian Richards
4. -
5. Charles Macartney
6. -
7. Les Ames+
8. -
9. Clarrie Grimmett
10. Joel Garner