• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

kingkallis

International Coach
I am online but very much confused between an opener, a top class middle order batsman and an all-rounder. Give me few more minutes :D

kingkallis

International Coach
Finally decided to pick Ian Botham as the all-rounder of CricZo. He gives me the option of 3rd fast bowler + attacking No.6 / No.7 batsman and lets not forget about his fielding ;)

CricZo XI

1. Herbert Sutcliffe /
4. Graeme Pollock /
6. Ian Botham o / (3)
9. Malcolm Marshall o (1)
11. Dennis Lillee o (2)

kingkallis

International Coach
And now I will have to wait for 2-3 days for my next turn :(

Surprisingly so many good players are available but I am damn sure that I will lose all good ones by the time my turn comes.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
And now I will have to wait for 2-3 days for my next turn :(

Surprisingly so many good players are available but I am damn sure that I will lose all good ones by the time my turn comes.
Botham's a good pick at this stage though. I was thinking of taking him if he'd fallen to my next selection. He gives you so much flexibility. He is a legitimate third quick, and despite what some reckon, he's good enough to bat at 6, especially if you have a good keeper/batsman at 7.

kingkallis

International Coach
Botham's a good pick at this stage though. I was thinking of taking him if he'd fallen to my next selection. He gives you so much flexibility. He is a legitimate third quick, and despite what some reckon, he's good enough to bat at 6, especially if you have a good keeper/batsman at 7.
Thats what I have in my mind. Hopefully I'll be able to grab it.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Undoubably Australia's third best batsman ever and one of the modern big three Ricky Ponting. Also one of the geatest fielders/ slip fielders ever.

1) Sunil Gavaskar ^
2)
3) George Headley
4) Ricky Ponting ^
5)
6)
7)
8) Hedley Verity
9)
10)
11) Glenn Mcgrath

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
I agree about Punter being 3rd best ( or maybe 2nd best ) Aussie batsman. I was confused between him, Botham and one opener ;)

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I'll take Andy Flower

5. Garfield Sobers
6. Andy Flower+
7. Frank Worrell*
10. Michael Holding [2]
11. Allan Donald [1]

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dale Steyn
Arguably still a bowler or two left who were better, but I do think his pace and aggression will compliment Hadlee far better than what the alternative new ball options would. He's the only bowler still available to have combined those talents with sustained excellence, so I think he's a must pick for me at this point. Really, really happy with my new ball combination since I finished it off in Round 5, after a lot of others.

3. Clyde Walcott
4. Sachin Tendulkar
8. Richard Hadlee
10. Dale Steyn
11. Bill O'Reilly

kingkallis

International Coach
Dale Steyn
Arguably still a bowler or two left who were better, but I do think his pace and aggression will compliment Hadlee far better than what the alternative new ball options would. He's the only bowler still available to have combined those talents with sustained excellence, so I think he's a must pick for me at this point. Really, really happy with my new ball combination since I finished it off in Round 5, after a lot of others.

3. Clyde Walcott
4. Sachin Tendulkar
8. Richard Hadlee
10. Dale Steyn
11. Bill O'Reilly
Its a very good pick PEWS.