Cricket Player Manager
Page 110 of 220 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3288

Thread: CW Draft League

  1. #1636
    International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,305
    Just noticed the clauses again and wanted clarify my clause : Pick a top order batsman who was dismissed by Shane Warne & Muttiah Muralitharan
    CricZo XI - 3 Draft Winner

    Scorecard Draft (2010) V Sehwag, D Amiss, D Bradman (c), C Cowdrey, P Umrigar, A Faulkner, R Marsh +, M Marshall, W Hall, M Hughes, B O'Reilly
    Alphabetical Draft (2011) S Watson, G Kirsten, D Bradman (c), K Sangakkara +, C Cowdrey, K Pietersen, A Flintoff, M Marshall, B O'Reilly, F Trueman, T Alderman
    The Eras Draft (2014) V Trumper, A Morris, N Harvey, J Kallis, S McCabe, F Woolley, Imran Khan (c), J Dujon +, J Briggs, D Steyn, J Snow

  2. #1637
    Hall of Fame Member Cevno's Avatar
    Simon Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    16,196
    For the presidents clause are part of surnames of Presidents valid?

  3. #1638
    International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,305
    @Cevno,

    My Q : So regarding the President / VP of USA rule. The surname( or even the 1st name?? ) of Pres / VP has to match either the 1st or 2nd name of the player. Right?

    Eds : Yeah, correct. Jager said that the surname of the [Vice] President can match either the first or second name of the player.
    Last edited by kingkallis; 24-09-2012 at 02:34 PM.

  4. #1639
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,447
    Time for the Jager Meister.
    Len Hutton - Jack Hobbs - Ted Dexter - Peter May - Walter Hammond - Frank Woolley - Ian Botham - Alan Knott - Hedley Verity - John Snow - Fred Trueman

    Victor Trumper - Bill Lawry - Don Bradman - Greg Chappell - Allan Border - Keith Miller - Adam Gilchrist - Alan Davidson - Shane Warne - Dennis Lillee - Glenn McGrath


  5. #1640
    The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,329
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkallis View Post
    @Cevno,

    My Q : So regarding the President / VP of USA rule. The surname( or even the 1st name?? ) of Pres / VP has to match either the 1st or 2nd name of the player. Right?

    Eds : Yeah, correct. Jager said that the surname of the [Vice] President can match either the first or second name of the player.
    Woah! I thought it was surnames only. President's surnames must match that of a player's first or second name.

    If I'm wrong, and it was discussed and agreed on in the thread that we could use President/VP's first names that are the same as a test player's first name, so be it. But I don't recall that being decided.

    Must be a surname, not the 1st name of a president/VP as I understand it.

  6. #1641
    International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,707
    I think only "surname" of President/VP can be used as first/last name of cricketer
    Last edited by AndyZaltzHair; 24-09-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

  7. #1642
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,447
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyZaltzHair View Post
    I think only "surname" of President/VP can be used as first/last name of cricketer
    That's my understanding.

  8. #1643
    Hall of Fame Member Cevno's Avatar
    Simon Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    16,196
    It has to be the whole surname ? Or will half or 60% of that also work?

  9. #1644
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    It has to be the whole surname ? Or will half or 60% of that also work?
    Put the name on the table and let's decide. Or e-mail Jager and ask him.

  10. #1645
    Hall of Fame Member Cevno's Avatar
    Simon Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    16,196
    Say Walter Mondale for example.

  11. #1646
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Say Walter Mondale for example.
    OK by me, mainly because of its sheer creativity, and I wasn't clever enough to think of it

  12. #1647
    International Debutant Jager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The land of Siddle
    Posts
    2,889
    We agreed at the start that the word has to be more or less the same. Mondale would not be acceptable, but something like Truman -> Trueman is okay - it's the same name just with different spelling.

    The surname of the president is the name that has to match, but it can match either the first or second name of the player.
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

  13. #1648
    International Debutant Jager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The land of Siddle
    Posts
    2,889
    Also I will give you extra time Cevno because we had to clear up some rules

  14. #1649
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    We agreed at the start that the word has to be more or less the same. Mondale would not be acceptable, but something like Truman -> Trueman is okay - it's the same name just with different spelling.

    The surname of the president is the name that has to match, but it can match either the first or second name of the player.
    But Dale is still Dale. It's the same word.

    I don't see any significant difference in dropping 3 letters from Mondale to get Dale and dropping 1 letter in Adams to get Adam. Same principle.

    The precedent has been set.


  15. #1650
    International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    But Dale is still Dale. It's the same word.

    I don't see any significant difference in dropping 3 letters from Mondale to get Dale and dropping 1 letter in Adams to get Adam. Same principle.

    The precedent has been set.

    Last edited by AndyZaltzHair; 24-09-2012 at 09:47 PM.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Draft threads
    By Richard in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 27-05-2014, 06:26 PM
  2. Biggest plodders in international cricket history.
    By Camel56 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 26-07-2010, 03:34 PM
  3. Surrey 2002: A Cricket Captain Diary
    By SIX AND OUT in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-02-2005, 09:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •